VB - National Finals

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
#2 Texas taking #1 Penn St. to the woodshed right now.

6-0 run to close out set #1 25-22

Set 2 - 17-10 Texas

Hooker with something like 13 kills so far

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Looking more and more that Iowa State is going to be the only team to have beaten the National Champion this year.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Texas takes set 2 25-20

They mentioned that the All-American Dinner was last night; we'll see if they talk about it during the break.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Texas is like night and day compared to last year - much better passing, and frankly much grittier. Stealing Penn State's setting coach, Salima Rockwell, to Austin after last season has changed that team.
As the announcers pointed out, Salima acts like the head coach already, doing almost all the talking in the Texas huddle during timeouts.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Random thoughts:

• Is volleyball the only sport where you can score more points than an opponent and still lose? It's like if baseball went away with total runs and decided games by who won more innings. Odd.

• Anyone else find it odd that there are more high fives exchanged between team members of the team that lost the point?

• Destinee Hooker is ridiculous.

• I normally am not a huge fan of women's sports, especially basketball, but this is entertaining. It's beating out Christmas Vacation on my TV set, and that's saying a lot.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Random thoughts:

• Is volleyball the only sport where you can score more points than an opponent and still lose? It's like if baseball went away with total runs and decided games by who won more innings. Odd.

The only other one coming to mind for me is tennis. There are some really nice volleys going.