VB Recruiting Information?

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I quick searched the forty threads in the volleyball forum and I looked for articles on the official Cyclone website. It's certainly possible that I missed it, but I don't see anything about volleyball recruits. With the state tournament just completed, I'm curious as to whether or not we're recruiting any in-state kids (other than Hannah Wilms). At the end of last season, I'd read ISU was interested in the CR Kennedy libero (Hahn, I believe). I noticed she had 50 digs in Kennedy's semi-final loss to IC West and I've watched her dominate versus IC City High the past two seasons. Is ISU still interested in her? Has ISU recruited Gehrke from IC West or shown any interest in their junior hitter, O'Deen? Does Ankeny feature any ISU targets? Others? Thanks in advance...

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
I am pretty sure there is a girl from Dike-New Hartford, Hannah Willms, coming in next year. She is an outside hitter.

Last edited:

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I thought I read Gehrke is playing for UNI.

That could be the case; I was out of town last week when some of the girls signed their LOI's. I know UNI signed an outside hitter from City High - Brittany Nelson; hadn't heard they also signed Jessica Gehrke. Pre-season reports (in the Iowa City Press-Citizen) indicated JG was receiving interest from several top ten programs; since we're now firmly established as one of those, I hoped maybe we'd entered the race...

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
My sister is a jr at Kennedy and I know Kristen Hahn is going to be playing for ISU next fall. Don't necessarily know the status of her (verbal, commit etc.) since volleyball recruiting news is much different than football but I do know she will be a Cyclone

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm sure we're still recruiting Haley Eckerman, a 6'3" jr. hitter from Waterloo East. She's the top player in the state, and was reportedly down to Texas and Nebraska.
I really hope we are still in the picture.
Eckerman is virtually the Iowa girls' volleyball version of Harrison Barnes...

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
From what I've heard about Eckerman she isn't even considering ISU because it's "too small for her" according to her mother.

And Tori Knuth has said she's going to play for ISU. The Rag had short blurb about this last week.