Veishea bands announced

Let's Go State

Nov 6, 2007
West Coast (of Iowa)
The only difference, if a crappy group named black eyed peas came today, would be the empty auditorium.

Veishea can't afford the huge names - they grab them on their way up. Matchbox 20 was an up and commer when veisha booked them for $20k. Their big hits became huge just before veishea and sold the place out.

Same risk taken on black eyed peas... Just about three months too early. Keep your eye on these groups.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
The only difference, if a crappy group named black eyed peas came today, would be the empty auditorium.
Veishea can't afford the huge names - they grab them on their way up. Matchbox 20 was an up and commer when veisha booked them for $20k. Their big hits became huge just before veishea and sold the place out.Same risk taken on black eyed peas... Just about three months too early. Keep your eye on these groups.

Good point. It just seems like they could get a bigger name if they booked fewer acts. That's probably not quite the reality of it though I'm sure. A lot of those artists are probably getting paid very little.

Let's Go State

Nov 6, 2007
West Coast (of Iowa)
Good point. It just seems like they could get a bigger name if they booked fewer acts. That's probably not quite the reality of it though I'm sure. A lot of those artists are probably getting paid very little.

I agree with you there. They are trying to book several hours of too many genres. Not sure why they don't thin it down and find some big sponsors on some big names. I understand wanting to make it affordable for students.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Don't mind the bands this year. Way better than the past two years I've been going. Jay Sean and Iyaz are good. New Boyz have a couple of songs on the radio. I'll probably go for a little bit.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
My favorite was Story of the Year. The Mike Jones follow up was worthless though. Who hasn't heard of Jay Sean-Down? Welcome to 2012.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I remember when a crappy group called black eyed peas came and performed in front of an empty auditorium because they sucked... Because they were never heard of.....

Reality - a lot of unknowns with a big country lineup on Saturday. Nice work!

Black eyed peas might be the worst live performers i have ever witnessed

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I don't like Hot Chelle Rae in the first place but I've heard them live on tv and they don't sound good.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Eric Hutchinson actually played at the m-shop back 6 or 7 tests ago when I was there. Thought he put on a pretty good show.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
My favorite was Story of the Year. The Mike Jones follow up was worthless though. Who hasn't heard of Jay Sean-Down? Welcome to 2012.

Here's the issue -- as with most pop music you might hear the song on the radio or at the bar and never know the artist. Jay Sean doesn't quite have the name recognition of Lady Gaga or Beyonce.

When you pointed out that he did the song "Down" I still didn't know who he was. Only after I looked it up on YouTube did I realize I knew the song. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really care enough about these pop/hip hop artists to figure out who they are or what their songs are called.