VEISHEA Bands announced

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
lol I hadn't even thought of the frieght train, I was too busy trying to contemplate the accoustics of having Moly Bio behind and that glass green house building (mind blank here at 2 a.m.) to one side....

Thats a lot of glass to reflect sound

I mean yeah you're moving it away from the bars as far as possible and you don't need to worry about residences there, but man thats a crappy location for a stage!

EDIT: On a side note... I think I'll have to break out the "Wasn't VEISHEA '04 a Riot?" shirt out this weekend :cool:

2509583318_7f913dbff7.jpg

Only picture I could find of the shirt I'm talking about

Last edited:

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Also lame that they moved the concert to the very north end of campus...

This I agree with. I still think a better route would have been to do it in the Iowa State Center parking lot like they did for the ragbrai Styx concert this summer.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Why couldn't they get Pearl Jam??

Ok, obviously I'm reaching, but I'd have to think Veishea can do better than this...

LOL... I would guess with budgets the way they are, we are lucky to get the ones listed.

Bring back Ton Loc!

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I have yet to figure out why VEISHA doesn't bring a huge concert to Ames and have it at Hilton during the weekend. It would be nice to have a headliner play instead of garage bands that nobody has ever heard of.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I miss VEISHEA like it was back in 06 and 07. Perfect weather, great music locations on campus, decent music, and perfect weather.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I have yet to figure out why VEISHA doesn't bring a huge concert to Ames and have it at Hilton during the weekend. It would be nice to have a headliner play instead of garage bands that nobody has ever heard of.

They do not have the money and everybody expects everything at VEISHEA to be free...simple as that.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
VEISHEA bands used to be so much better back when I was in college. I dont even know how of those bands. ISU used to pay like 30-50G for entertainment. I assume they probabbly have money for 10G.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
I believe I read that they spent 100k on music this year or last.

The problem is they want to put on these long musical shows for 4 or 5 hours on both Friday and Saturday. Meaning they have to pay more for having so many acts. Part of this was because of the last riot and keeping people away from "alcohol related events".

Back in the "old days" they used to have a big headliner then some smaller bands done at a separate time. Now with the emphasis on alternative entertainment they are sinking a lot of money in to a lot of bands.