Veishea events

cyclonefreak5

Sep 25, 2010
Ames
I saw a couple of teams practicing for battleship the other night at State. It definitely looks like a blast. My team is signed up already so you might as well not even try:wink:

They have never done this event before, so i know on tuesday night they had a practice run with some of the VEISHEA exec committee members to see if they had all the rules right and to make sure it didnt take 30 minutes to sink the canoes.

They also said that if this goes well, it will most likely become a full blown intramural event in the future.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
They have never done this event before, so i know on tuesday night they had a practice run with some of the VEISHEA exec committee members to see if they had all the rules right and to make sure it didnt take 30 minutes to sink the canoes.

They also said that if this goes well, it will most likely become a full blown intramural event in the future.
On to the crystal clear waters of Lake Lavern!

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
This one has some extra stuff in the canoe with them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GchP9s-z4Lo]UA Intramural Battleship - YouTube[/ame]

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Here's what a buddy of mine sent me to post (I haven't taken the time to read the thread but the VEISHEA committee is reading the thread):

Answer #1: If 1000 people show up we're guessing the first round will last about 45 minutes. Which is important if you just want to be part of a World Record (the rules require all participants to stay around for the first round). You can get knocked out by committing a violation like traveling or airballing or just losing.

Answer #2: If 1000 people show up we're projecting about 3.5 to 4 hours for the entire game. There are going to be some big prizes for the winner and other top 10 finishers!

Answer #3: The video was submitted multiple times to Sportsnation but it never made it on. The biggest problem last year was the video was 30 seconds long; we're planning on doing multiple videos with different times to give them better options this year. We're hoping if we crush the record with a 1000 we will make it on Sportscenter's Top 10.