Veishea

CubsnClones

Dec 18, 2008
West Des Moines
I haven't been to veishea since 1993 when I got drunk and past out on the Sigma Phi Epshelon's front lawn, with a stuffed porky the pig strapped to my waist.

How's the event been holding up???

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Let's see...since 1993:

Riot
Stabbing
Prohibition
Riot
Riot
Cancellation
Parade in the Snow
And an original 2009 schedule that included dates in March (before it was pushed back two weeks to mid-April).

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
VEISHEA 2006 & 2007 were great.

Last year the snow kind of mucked things up for everybody but the event has definitely turned around from VEISHEA's of the Late 90's-early 2000's.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
May as well include the 80's in that bad era, at least the mid and late 80's.

let's get the explanation out of the way. I was there in the late 80s and plenty of out of town non-ISU kids were plenty happy to ruin it for everyone else.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
I still remember the second stabbing when a man came from Ft Dodge to Ames and committed the crime. :no: Ruined a great weekend.

My first experience was my senior year when I was there visiting the campus and the football team and got introduced to Jack and passed out at the Teke (sp?) house! Oh, those were the days!

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I still remember the second stabbing when a man came from Ft Dodge to Ames and committed the crime. :no: Ruined a great weekend.

My first experience was my senior year when I was there visiting the campus and the football team and got introduced to Jack and passed out at the Teke (sp?) house! Oh, those were the days!

:biglaugh: Nice! Uncle Jack and Uncle Jim can sure be rough on ya.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

I spent 4 years passing out at the TKE house.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Last year's veishea was horrible. Snow, cold, wristbands, etc...
The two years before that were pretty good IMO. Good weather, good music, and good partying. :yes:

sclotz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I was at Veisha in 1985-1988 and I remember one of those years a riot broke out and the crowd tried to rock cars and turn them over. They eventually turned one on it's side. Johnny Orr was called to come out with a megaphone to ask everyone to go home...it worked.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I haven't been to veishea since 1993 when I got drunk and past out on the Sigma Phi Epshelon's front lawn, with a stuffed porky the pig strapped to my waist.

How's the event been holding up???

HAHAHA, I see that you have taken the advice about trying to start a popular thread in order to gain credits and put it in to practice. Best of luck to you sir.:wink:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Has anybody heard what Stars Over VEISHEA is this year? My parents keep asking me and I don't know.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I just want to know who they have in mind for concerts this year. And I hope the drop the wristband deal. Let people see the concerts for free!! And on central campus with as many people as they can cram in there! :yes:

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I just want to know who they have in mind for concerts this year. And I hope the drop the wristband deal. Let people see the concerts for free!! And on central campus with as many people as they can cram in there! :yes:
Hootie & The Blowfish and the Counting Crows would fit the standard set last year. I wouldn't complain.
Wristbands need to be dropped.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron