Victory Song

2clones4cy

Dec 2, 2012
Do we really have a victory song? Or a song that should be played after every home game win. I know we have Sweet Caroline but that usually gets played during the game or in between the 3rd and 4th qtr. Granted we need to start winning more games to make this possible but was curious to some thoughts. I will throw out the recommendation of Van Halen's(Hagar) Standing on Top of the World! Heard this playing after the Super Bowl and thought it would fit perfectly at the end of the game.

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Bells of ISU gets played win or lose... I think the OP is thinking of something right after time expires, which is usually Sweet Caroline.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Do we really have a victory song? Or a song that should be played after every home game win. I know we have Sweet Caroline but that usually gets played during the game or in between the 3rd and 4th qtr. Granted we need to start winning more games to make this possible but was curious to some thoughts. I will throw out the recommendation of Van Halen's(Hagar) Standing on Top of the World! Heard this playing after the Super Bowl and thought it would fit perfectly at the end of the game.

I guess there is the obvious choice.

• Funny
Reactions: 2clones4cy

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I hate Sweet Caroline. There has never been a more unfootball song, and of course that's our freeking schtick.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
This uplifting tune about masochism would be a good one to keep the crowds spirits high after a win. Plus a little Rammstein is good for the soul

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
Almost anything would be better than Sweet Caroline.

CMC needs to rid us of the sweet caroline curse.

I hate Sweet Caroline. There has never been a more unfootball song, and of course that's our freeking schtick.

I know I'm in the minority, but I love Sweet Caroline. Maybe it's because I'm embracing the idea I'm middle aged. I don't know - but the song makes me feel good. And I love hearing it in the background of post-game interviews after a big win.

I think the folks in charge have done a good job of making compromises and a good job of listening to feedback from the fanbase. Remember when they would play the entire song at the 3rd-4th quarter break? (Or at least it was the only song played during that break.) Last year they would play maybe 30 seconds of it and then 30 seconds of a high energy song. It seemed like a good compromise to me.

On the other hand, here's something that would be better than Sweet Caroline: get some talented ISU musicians to create a modern celebration song unique to ISU. How hard could it be to make our equivalent of John Denver's Country Roads? (Sarcasm, but also a little bit serious.)

Reactions: Hayes30 and NWICY