Video of Scotty hitting half-court shot

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
Does give you the "what-if" if Scotty had shot that last shot against K-State instead of Vanderbeken, but regardless, it's always good to see that his elbow isn't bothering him too much.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShHb2ZOodTM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
What a guy does messing around pre-game has nothing to do with anything that might happen in a real game. You or I could go out and jack up half courts shots and make one within a few minutes of trying.

Reactions: ianoconnor

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
What a guy does messing around pre-game has nothing to do with anything that might happen in a real game. You or I could go out and jack up half courts shots and make one within a few minutes of trying.

Please post your video when completed.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I actually thought we would toss to JVB who would toss to SC for the shot. However, who would have thrown the ball in then? Railey? He fouled out. DG? He was drawing two people. Jake?

As it was it was a great pass by SC and great effort to catch by JVB. He was guarded too closely to get a good shot.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Did not LE have someone to throw beyond the half court and call a quick timeout with one second to shoot a closer shot.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames

It's not too hard to make a half court shot. When I was a ball boy for isu games I could make them pretty easily. But it does show his elbow must be feeling good so that is good to see.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Did not LE have someone to throw beyond the half court and call a quick timeout with one second to shoot a closer shot.
exactly what we should've done. tell the ref you're gonna call a TO before the ball is passed in so he's looking for it, call it and you've still got 2.5 seconds for a close 3, especially better because scott is so good at making a good hard cut

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
Enough with these "we should have called a timeout at midcourt" comments. Pretty sure last game we had the ball at midcourt with SIX SECONDS and didnt even get a shot off! With under 2 seconds you are going to have to catch and shoot, which is very similiar to catching and shooting with 2.6 seconds.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Enough with these "we should have called a timeout at midcourt" comments. Pretty sure last game we had the ball at midcourt with SIX SECONDS and didnt even get a shot off! With under 2 seconds you are going to have to catch and shoot, which is very similiar to catching and shooting with 2.6 seconds.

Not even close to similar. With the ball at half court you can throw it inside the three point line, throw an alley-oop, throw it across the arc.

You have so many options at half-court. A full court pass takes way too long to set up and catch and shoot - and the one who catches cannot pass and almost has to shoot. Why do you think Christian Latener is an instant classic - because it rarely ever happens.

With one timeout in that situation you have to use it. I have faith that FH and Lutz had something drawn up, but it was not the right call.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
thats like seeing ben laamak boot a 30 yard field goal after practice and then claiming he should be our kicker

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

2 seconds you can catch, dribble a couple times, and shoot. .7 you can catch, dribble, and shoot.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
If I wasn't lazy, I could dig up video of JVB making a last-second shot in a game from about the same place.

Should a play be called for Lebron to shoot from the seats, per this video?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLsodaH913s]YouTube - LeBron James' Ridiculous Shot!![/ame]

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If I wasn't lazy, I could dig up video of JVB making a last-second shot in a game from about the same place.

Should a play be called for Lebron to shoot from the seats, per this video?
YouTube - LeBron James' Ridiculous Shot!!
He was playing Creighton. This time he tried to spin right and was blocked by the defender and then he had to go back to his left for a more difficult shot. The play was a bust in Big 12 play. It was good for McD ball though.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco

I tend to agree. I could post one of the ugliest ever made half court shots without showing the ugly seemingly hundreds of misses that preceded it. No way I would've wanted him taking that shot to decide a game. Still a better option than DG dribbling off his foot though...

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
2 seconds you can catch, dribble a couple times, and shoot. .7 you can catch, dribble, and shoot.

You can not catch and dribble in .7 seconds. In .7 you need to catch and shoot right away, .7 doesn't even give you time to square up and even with two seconds you can't dribble a couple times. You can probably get one dribble and a shot off in two seconds.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I went 5-5 from half court at the Bondurant Highschool Yesterday if anyone cares... Then I backed up to the volleyball set line and missed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron