VIDEO: Otz goes off on Kansas State

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
This is pretty good! Jeff Goodman nails it. He says... every team knows what the other team runs. It's not a secret. This whole thing is ludicrous.

The more public this gets, the more real bball minds make Tang/KSU look foolish. The best is there is (as JP said) you can watch the game....I'm sure Athletics could produce other footage that would also show all angles.

Hestia_Abnegation11

Oct 29, 2017
Not to belabor the point as many have made clear that now KSU just looks silly...but with the whole yelling at a manager thing - KSU has not denied that happened. Their dumb fans probably have, but no one at KSU has actually disputed that account (yet - they may, doubt it, but they may). That's how its different than the filming huddles because we did deny that happened.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
If Brett Yormark hasn't already initiated an investigation, he needs to do so ASAP.

When one Big 12 team accuses another Big 12 team of cheating, and the other team adamantly denies it, and it all hits the national media, the conference commissioner's office needs to investigate the matter and come to some conclusion. This is how the Big 10 responded to the sign stealing scandal at Michigan.

Once the conference completes its investigation and determines there was no wrong doing by ISU, they need to require a very public apology from KSU.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Completely different scenario here. Chris reported on a specific instance, with detail, as it happened, before any of this blew up after the game.

KState media is not reporting on specific instance or providing any detail. Only broad accusations that Iowa state was cheating. Pollard’s response mentioned reviewing video etc., one would assume if KState offers specific detail (ie timing and where they thought those allegations occurred) we would provide video, much like the Iowa band situation.
You are right. I'm not arguing any of this. But who made the accusation? I admit that I spent all of 5 minutes on this subject. But I have heard Chris's podcast and believe him without a doubt. My son sits right behind him and he didn't hear it but that doesn't mean it wasn't said.

I don't think Kansas States athletic department or coach Tang himself has publicly accused us. Now it looks like he confronted TJ but that is conjecture right? Basically I'm letting the coaches and the athletic departments figure this out and I'm not wasting another minute on it.

My original point was basing an argument off of what you heard third hand. It's just silly. And the longer you argue with that delusional fan base, the longer this takes to go away. I was wrong to say you guys are the same as KSU fans.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Wait, so we believe what he said as fact? Again, I believe him 100%, but is there proof?
Much simpler to believe that CW is lying and part of a vast conspiracy to discredit Tang? CW reported what he observed. What he observed is consistent with other observed actions of Tang and his bench during the game. What CW observed does not prove or disprove cheating by ISU, but rather the state of mind of the Mildcat assistants, or I suppose at least the state of mind they wanted to project.

If the ISU manager(s) confirmed hearing what CW claims observing would you give that Weight, or would you demand a recording? If a recording were produced would you simply question its authenticity? What constitutes proof to you?

Last edited:

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
You realize we are doing the same thing KSU fans are doing right? We believe everything our coach says at his word without any proof. There is no way to prove that we weren't doing anything wrong. Surely someone caught the coach calling our student managers cheating mother ******* right?
Courtside saw it. I was courtside and saw it. The coach was screaming it over and over at the towel boys standing there with the mops waiting for the timeout to get over. We were all discussing it and thinking the coach thought the towel boys were listening into the huddle. They were close to it because KSU had their huddle so far into the court it was right at the paint.

Then Tang was pointing at the guys in row 3. So we were confused and assuming he thought they yelled something because obviously they were not cheating. We had a better look at the huddle from courtside than those guys in row 3.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Courtside saw it. I was courtside and saw it. The coach was screaming it over and over at the towel boys standing there with the mops waiting for the timeout to get over. We were all discussing it and thinking the coach thought the towel boys were listening into the huddle. They were close to it because KSU had their huddle so far into the court it was right at the paint.
What timeout/media timeout was it? Perhaps we can find some video.

Edit: Curious if it was the same under 8 timeout where everything started etc.

Last edited:

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
If Brett Yormark hasn't already initiated an investigation, he needs to do so ASAP.

When one Big 12 team accuses another Big 12 team of cheating, and the other team adamantly denies it, and it all hits the national media, the conference commissioner's office needs to investigate the matter and come to some conclusion. This is how the Big 10 responded to the sign stealing scandal at Michigan.

Once the conference completes its investigation and determines there was no wrong doing by ISU, they need to require a very public apology from KSU.

The Big 12 should reprimand Tang and KSU

Tang either is guilty of slander and libel against another conference coach, or he chose to address this by pushing informal acquisitions that can’t be adjudicated. If you think there’s cheating, handle it in the appropriate manner

• Agree
Reactions: GotHops32

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
TJ is always very respectful and complimentary of other teams, their cosches, and their players.

But does anyone else feel like he was pouring it in really thick with his comments about KU yesterday?

Felt like maybe it was a subtle jab at KSU or at Tang. Like “this is how you conduct yourself as a head coach” or just to be complimentary of the one team KSU hates more than us

Probably overthinking this, but he seemed very deliberate in the praise he was heaping on KU.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Much simpler to believe that CW is lying and part of a vast conspiracy to discredit Tang? CW reported what he observed. What he observed is consistent with other observed actions of Tang and his bench during the game. What CW observed does not prove or disprove cheating by ISU, but rather the state of mind of the Mildcat assistants, or I suppose at least the state of mind they wanted to project.

If the ISU manager(s) confirmed hearing what CW claims observing would you give that Weight, or would you demand a recording? If a recording were produced would you simply question its authenticity? What constitutes proof to you?
I see what you did there. :)

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
TJ is always very respectful and complimentary of other teams, their cosches, and their players.

But does anyone else feel like he was pouring it in really thick with his comments about KU yesterday?

Felt like maybe it was a subtle jab at KSU or at Tang. Like “this is how you conduct yourself as a head coach” or just to be complimentary of the one team KSU hates more than us

Probably overthinking this, but he seemed very deliberate in the praise he was heaping on KU.
I don't think it's any coincidence that immediately after calling KSU out, TJ talked about the tremendous respect he has for KU's program. That's gotta sting for KSU fans.

Help Support Us

Become a patron