virginia tonight. woof.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
down by 8 they score a TD with less than a minute to go.
personal foul on UVA after the play for and OL head-butting a player from NC state after the play

virginai miraculously converts the 17 yard 2pt conversion
unsportsmanlike conduct. QB's helmet was kind of coming off due to defender's hand pushing up on his facemask. QB kind of assists it coming off but instead of putting it back on, he drops it to the ground and flexes to the home crowd. 15 yards enforced on the kickoff. 30 some sec left

NC state returns to around the 50. 3 playes, 3 gains.
48 yarder by virginia
BLOCKED!

nope. personal foul for jumping over the line to block kick.
33 yarder good on the ensuing fg attempt

lose by 3 as time expires.

Last edited:

TrailCy

Mar 3, 2021
I was next to a guy watching this and after the helmet penalty he said, "They're gonna run this back, have 3 or 4 plays, and kick the game winner." Then, like a psychic, said 'It would be hilarious if he missed but got to rekick on a penalty." I asked him if he was a Cyclone fan; he said he was not. But I guess Cyclone cynicism rubs off on people

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I feel like they should pay us some money for stealing an ending of game we could have done. Losing that way is kind of our thing.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Virginia burned me earlier this year on a moneyline bet. They had like an 11 pt lead on JMU in the 4th quarter and blew it.
They were like +400 at home, or something like that. Bad bad beat.

• Wow
Reactions: chadly82

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
That's the second time in less than a year I've seen leaping called on a game winning field goal that missed and they got to re-kick after never seeing it called ever before. Football is wild man...

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
That's the second time in less than a year I've seen leaping called on a game winning field goal that missed and they got to re-kick after never seeing it called ever before. Football is wild man...

This one was pretty straight forward. He jumped on the back of his lineman. That’s an automatic if he’s the one that blocks the kick. Maybe you let it go if he doesn’t get the block, but you can’t let his illegal leap be the play to block the kick.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
The replay from behind the kicker looked like he used the Dline as a ladder but it looked like a clean block from behind.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Cool. I usually don't remember kicker names but seeing you post it I do recall him being pretty highly rated coming out of HS.
Would have been nice to keep him. IIRC he left for Western Kentucky when we added Mevis and was really good there.