Voices from the stands: Western Illinois ed.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
Walked into bar after game with husband and another couple Promptly a Hawk fan (girl) Drunk , came up to us and pointed at all of our Cyclone gear and said I disagree ,I do not like that team ...I informed her we could care less and We LOVED the Cyclones . She told me We won today how bout you? I laughed and said Yea we won 37-3 .You won by like 10 against UNI . She said we are better than you ..again laughed and informed her we played last week and We Won that too. She got mad and said SO We won today:twitcy::eek:

Haha.

Step 1: Reality distortion
Step 2: Belligerence

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
Haha.

Step 1: Reality distortion
Step 2: Belligerence

Step 3: Cannonball!
4356904_std.jpg

CYCL0NE1

Jan 22, 2009
Waukee
I was in the Southeast corner with my family. Some nitwit with his three daughters won't sit down. People are yelling at him "down in front." A very nice older lady walks up to him, talks to him, then came back and sat down. I asked her if she asked him to sit down. She said she did, but he wouldn't do it. "I don't have to," he said. She told him she was a middle school guidance counselor. One of the things she tells her students is, "If you wonder if your behavior is appropriate, look around at those around you and see what they are doing. Everyone around you is sitting down. Can you please sit so we can watch the game?" He just shook his head. Pretty sad when you're there with your three kids and your behavior is worse than a middle schooler. The dumb@$$ finally sat down in the second quarter. Everyone around us applauded.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
"We're gonna start the waive!" - south endzone knows what I'm talking about.

I assume you are talking about "triple reverse flea flicker on two" guy. Yeah, he sits a few rows behind me. I don't know what happened but he has only yelled that about 2 or 3 times in two home games this year. Last year he would yell it at least once every offensive series.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I met Dwight Hinson. He's now an ISU campus Policeman. He was a 4 time all american in Wrestling and won a couple Big 8/12 titles. Had no idea who he was but I noticed the Cauliflower Ear and asked if he wrestled.

Oh... and he said he just did "alright" in college.

MadTownCy

Apr 11, 2006
On my way to the game, I stopped at the gas station in Delaware, IA. As I approached the cashier she was laughing and talking with a customer. As I walked up next, she looked down at my Iowa State shirt and got a big frown on. I gave her my money and as she gave me my cash back, I said "Go Cyclones". The look on her face was priceless.

K

KFitzy87

I was in the Southeast corner with my family. Some nitwit with his three daughters won't sit down. People are yelling at him "down in front." A very nice older lady walks up to him, talks to him, then came back and sat down. I asked her if she asked him to sit down. She said she did, but he wouldn't do it. "I don't have to," he said. She told him she was a middle school guidance counselor. One of the things she tells her students is, "If you wonder if your behavior is appropriate, look around at those around you and see what they are doing. Everyone around you is sitting down. Can you please sit so we can watch the game?" He just shook his head. Pretty sad when you're there with your three kids and your behavior is worse than a middle schooler. The dumb@$$ finally sat down in the second quarter. Everyone around us applauded.
You and everyone around you are lucky this is Jack Trice Stadium and not somewhere like Memorial in Nebraska

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
Whenever I see a off school fan in the crowd I thank them for their contribution the ISU athletics. There's always some sort of come back, but after a few minutes it sinks in.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I was not at the game last night but watched it on cyclones.tv and right after the Arceo field goal they showed a guy who's shirt read 'ISU is THE University of Iowa' thought that that was pretty funny...
I have been scouring the internet trying to find this shirt when I saw that kid wearing it Saturday night and haven't had any luck.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I assume you are talking about "triple reverse flea flicker on two" guy. Yeah, he sits a few rows behind me. I don't know what happened but he has only yelled that about 2 or 3 times in two home games this year. Last year he would yell it at least once every offensive series.

Velo, he sits right behind my mom. You must just be a few rows ahead of us. The guys in that group are generally fun and mild mannered but that dude a rare breed. He has toned down the "triple reverse flee flicker" since they actually ran a reverse flee flicker last season.

I expect you to wear a "veloclone" shirt at the Tech game so I can identify you:smile:

Reactions: VeloClone

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
There was a WIU fan sitting a few seats from us by himself. I felt kinda bad for him. He did start clapping and cheering when they got the FG. So he's got that going for himself now :laugh:

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010

Stand up and cheer for your team. Don't complain about someone else standing.

Reactions: SC Cy

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I always feel like I must be in a completely different stadium than everyone else when I read these threads.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

Eh...there's two sides for that. My section is pretty good about getting up for defense or a really critical offensive drive. Especially if you've got kids or really old people in your section though, there's no reason to stand for every offensive set (when you're supposed to be quiet anyway).

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Not everyone can. Last year I mentioned to a couple a few rows in front of me who had started to stand for the entire quarter that I appreciated their enthusiasm and would love to stand the whole game too, but did they realize that there was an elderly couple right behind them who obviously couldn't stand very long? Much to their credit they took it the way it was intended and limited the standing to third downs and key plays and everyone enjoyed the game.

That being said I am up for every defensive third or fourth down play and many other big plays besides. However if somone comments to me that they can't see and can't stand that much I will do my best to help out a fellow Cyclone.