Volleyball: Iowa State at OU on TV?

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Wed, Nov 12
VB Oklahoma * at Norman, Okla. 7:00 p.m.

FOX SPORTS SW and Midwest have the game listed - the former looks like straight up live broadcasting whereas Mdwest has it listed in a "Plus" package. I don't know what "Plus" means other than more $$?. I have DirecTV and the game is not listed here in WI as my package offers FOX North. But they have been know to opt in to the BIG XII games if the channel is available and it is "legal" to air.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/da.../07/Nov 8-16 2014 foxsportsmidwest - Iowa.pdf

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
FOX SPORTS SW and Midwest have the game listed - the former looks like straight up live broadcasting whereas Mdwest has it listed in a "Plus" package. I don't know what "Plus" means other than more $$?

FS Midwest+ is basically an alternate/overflow channel. During the summer they have a lot of FS Kansas City programming (mostly Royals games when the Cards are on FSMW).

Central Iowa Mediacom customers should be able to watch ISU/OU on 833 tomorrow night.

DirecTV website shows 668 (FS North), 676 (FS SW+), 692 (FS West). That FS North may be FS Minnesota, though.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ooh, will have to check the FSN Minnesota listing tomorrow. Big match, would love to catch it on da big screen.

Edit: Checked and FSN Minnesota is showing the Baylor/OU replay but their alternate (+) is showing ISU volleyball. :smile:

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
This from the guys over on the in-game blog:

"Secondly, today is signing day. We did make some signings, but will not be announcing them until tomorrow. The focus today is on the match."

I did not know Rachel Manriquez had an injury? I did know she hasn't played in awhile is all. So why has Maria Fruechte not played at all?

Oh and the game is on FOX North 668-2 (FOX North plus) along with FSSW and FSMW. The channel activated for this game.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
This from the guys over on the in-game blog:

"Secondly, today is signing day. We did make some signings, but will not be announcing them until tomorrow. The focus today is on the match."

I did not know Rachel Manriquez had an injury? I did know she hasn't played in awhile is all. So why has Maria Fruechte not played at all?

Oh and the game is on FOX North 668-2 (FOX North plus) along with FSSW and FSMW. The channel activated for this game.

I'm guessing that Maria isn't needed yet or just isn't as good as those ahead of her on the bench yet.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Good second set 30-28 after kinda giving away the first. Downside is Sooner announcers but what the heck it is in Norman. At least they don't play Sooner Boomer after every single point.

dmb341

Nov 23, 2009
First two sets were both competitive. Lets hope we can finish out the next two. Want to avoid a fifth set on the road if we can.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
oh boy, didn't comment here cause I felt jinxy but what a fantastic win! They held SO tough in that 2nd set fighting off 3-4 set points all out of subs. Great, great game.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
First two sets were both competitive. Lets hope we can finish out the next two. Want to avoid a fifth set on the road if we can.
Well the Big Mo Roll in and out of the 5th...we are starting to look like a dangerous team.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Big, big win for them. It seems like there have't been too many times when we've fallen down 2-1 or 3-2 and come back to win this year.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
oh boy, didn't comment here cause I felt jinxy but what a fantastic win! They held SO tough in that 2nd set fighting off 3-4 set points all out of subs. Great, great game.
Cowgirl did you get to watch the game or blog it? It was pretty sweet match to witness. Big boost for the team's morale.

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
Wow, wasn't expecting a win! and I didn't get to watch it :( Looking at the stats, Conaway hit 560% with 15 kills, 8 BA, and 4 digs; what a stud freshman!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That was a fun match. Really good to get back to .500 in league play, wasn't sure before the match that we could win in Norman but the team seems to have a different vibe with two setters.

Got to be our best of the year on the road and all. Lots of different players stepped up at different times.

:smile::smile::smile:

Last edited: