Volleyball starts up fall practices

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
There hasn't been a post here for a week shy of a month. While part of it was because of the summer, the team had its media day this past week, so I figured it was time to get it going again.

The big talk seemed to be about the freshman coming in and how they are showing great competitiveness from the start. Gotta believe Bigbee, Malloy, and Nolan will be in the mix from the start. Bigbee seems to be the a perfect replacement for Peterson on the Right side, and Nolan to replace Mahoney as a DS. Malloy is just a good player who can do a lot of things. I'd include Hudson, but she will probably have to wait her turn while learning behind Landwehr.

Hopefully Hock is ready to step in and fill the shoes of Jensen, the girl that replaced her when she hurt her knee. I had the opportunity to watch Victoria Hurtt since winning her 1st of four state volleyball titles in Missouri. It was just a mild, but pleasant surprise to see how she came on as a true freshman last year.

Great expectations for a team returning an AA setter, the Big XII libero of the year, and one of the best MB tandems in the country. Can't wait for the season tho get going. Hope to make the drive from KC at least a couple of times, and get over to KU and maybe even K-State.

CLONECRAZY

Nov 28, 2010
Eastern Iowa
^^^^^I agree this season could be special. They have all the pieces, experience and depth. They will be fun to watch.

Picked 2nd behind TX in the Big 12.

GO CLONES!!