Volleyball vs Baylor Wednesday

Timberghost

Dec 7, 2013
Pay for school or go for free at a school that wants you. Seems like an easy decision. I felt she outperformed our senior setter pretty handily!

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Wonder what Jen Malcom really thinks - this program now is not even close to the toughness, grittiness, and hustle of the teams that she played on.
We used to intimidate teams with our defense and digs - now we get intimidated.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Wonder what Jen Malcom really thinks - this program now is not even close to the toughness, grittiness, and hustle of the teams that she played on.
We used to intimidate teams with our defense and digs - now we get intimidated.

It does seem we have lost our identity to some degree. It used to be that ISU won the long rallies. To me, the long rallies are what define a teams character. I don't think it is a lack of effort though, maybe just not having enough "all around" players that can do front row, have good receive/bump/ad-hoc setting skills/ and good serving. We were kind of spoiled with the Hockadays and Hensens.

I think our biggest problem though is our serving isn't putting enough pressure on defenses, and CJL talked about that in her last presser.

Reactions: Royalclone

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
It does seem we have lost our identity to some degree. It used to be that ISU won the long rallies. To me, the long rallies are what define a teams character. I don't think it is a lack of effort though, maybe just not having enough "all around" players that can do front row, have good receive/bump/ad-hoc setting skills/ and good serving. We were kind of spoiled with the Hockadays and Hensens.

I think our biggest problem though is our serving isn't putting enough pressure on defenses, and CJL talked about that in her last presser.
Just have to disagree. It's effort. Too many open spots on our side that Baylor was hitting to, with no one covering.
Moreover, we're at a different recruiting level now; a much higher talent level than before. Rachel Hockaday would not even be offered a scholarship now.