Waiting in line for OU/Kansas

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Parents, family members, friends, etc. A lot of farm kids waiting in line with plenty of access to that sort of stuff (myself and our group included).

My guess is that going forward after this KU game, heaters will be banned. This will highly discourage students from camping out, which is ultimately a relief to the department.

I figured that was probably some of it, if someone really went out and bought that stuff new just for camping out for this game it was not money well spent.

I'm a little surprised the didn't go around already and tell them not to use the heaters knowing this could happen. Being that it is on university property makes you wonder if someone had been injured or killed from it if the university would have some liability issues but I'm sure it's being looking into now and we'll see new policies come from it.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Friends staying both nights in my tent while I sit here at work. Line is nearly 75% way around Hilton. Drove by last night and I'm going to take a video of the whole thing later today.

I don't know about you guys but this makes me so ******* proud to be a Cyclone.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
As far as I've heard, that's a no.
That's the thing that is crappy for the people waiting that are halfway to 3/4 the way around Hilton. The groups of 2 people up the line are going to let 15 of their friends cut in line during the day tomorrow. I still can't believe in 2013 (the Blarge game) I only had to wait 6 hours and somehow we got 3rd row. That is unheard of anymore. You are lucky to get lower bowl if you wait 6 hours now.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That's the thing that is crappy for the people waiting that are halfway to 3/4 the way around Hilton. The groups of 2 people up the line are going to let 15 of their friends cut in line during the day tomorrow. I still can't believe in 2013 (the Blarge game) I only had to wait 6 hours and somehow we got 3rd row. That is unheard of anymore. You are lucky to get lower bowl if you wait 6 hours now.

Seems like there needs to be some student self-policing. Or security/ticket office staff do some sort of ID scanning tied to the order of entry. Surely hope the Cyclone Alley Committee doesn't get involved.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Can anyone confirm how long the line is right now?
It was wrapped all the way around Hilton last night but it may have gotten shorter now. The university said that all tents and chairs have to be gone by 10am today so they can condense the line and let more people get in line.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not to nitpick but that wasn't a blarge. They didn't call an inexplicable double foul.

D

Deleted member 8507

I think a position ID would be a great enhancement. They only need to come out on game day (probably early) and then the last 3-4 hours. First tent gets ID #1 which allows them X number of entrants. Next tent is #2, on down the line. X would have to be established but I would think 6-8 would be about right (reasonable number to support manning a tent). Probably require maintaining a presence to use the ID card at admission time to prevent #1 from leaving and coming back at game time. At least then those further back would be able to calculate the number of people getting in before them.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Seems like Randy Peterson is calling you out.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...nt-city-needs-mayor-and-better-laws/79194370/

The article sort of comes off a bit negative with some bashing in there.

A whole lot of negative would be more accurate. Randy Pete can **** off. Went to WBB Sat. area was clean, tenters create no problem. Only thing I think they should do is know how many people are in your group to end the line cutters. The kid with the ice house has a darn nice place to stay.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Can anyone confirm how long the line is right now?

When I left about 20 minutes ago the tents were wrapped 100% of the way around hilton, and a line of students who got there this morning was pretty much parallel to the start of the line for about 100 feet. Ended there. People now starting to pack up tents.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
For those who have done this or are doing it..how does this work in terms of belongings? Does someone run the stuff to a car? Friend come pick up? As I know several have probably high dollar generators, sleeping bags, heaters, etc. Just was wondering.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
For those who have done this or are doing it..how does this work in terms of belongings? Does someone run the stuff to a car? Friend come pick up? As I know several have probably high dollar generators, sleeping bags, heaters, etc. Just was wondering.
You're just trying to find out how much stuff you can steal.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
For those who have done this or are doing it..how does this work in terms of belongings? Does someone run the stuff to a car? Friend come pick up? As I know several have probably high dollar generators, sleeping bags, heaters, etc. Asking for a friend.

:)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The tentless line was halfway around Hilton when I drove by a little bit ago.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
@cjandringa: Still about 12 rows open in the student section. Come on down!

Help Support Us

Become a patron