Walking Dead

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I watched the Negan backstory episode last night and thought of this half-season or whatever you want to call it that they saved the best episode for last.

The 2nd Carol and Daryl episode was just an absolute waste of time. Covid protocols and tight filming schedule or not, I cannot believe that atrocity was green-lighted.

I do think the show is better now than it was 2-3 years ago under Scott Gimple, but it's not as good as early "Walking Dead" either. I plan on staying with it though until the end. I've come this far, why stop now?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
IIRC , the beginning of the end for me was the idiotic Book of Knowledge episode probably 5 or so seasons back. They played it up as some hugely important document some woman had that was key to survival. And they’re reading through it and listing stuff off and it’s like “How to Chop Down a Tree”, “How to Drive a Nail with a Hammer”, and “How to Bake a Pie”. And they’re all oohing and aahing over it like it’s the Holy Grail. That and Daryl quick drawing, shooting from the hip, and plugging a guy in the forehead from 50 yards and Idiot Coral picking off zombies with Annie Oakley trick shots were a little much. I mean, I can suspend disbelief for the zombies, but some basic stuff has to remain somewhat realistic.
I actually liked the trick shot scene in Fear the Walking Dead. Because it actually was believable, and they made fun of how he didn't expect it to work.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I watched the Negan backstory episode last night and thought of this half-season or whatever you want to call it that they saved the best episode for last.

The 2nd Carol and Daryl episode was just an absolute waste of time. Covid protocols and tight filming schedule or not, I cannot believe that atrocity was green-lighted.

I do think the show is better now than it was 2-3 years ago under Scott Gimple, but it's not as good as early "Walking Dead" either. I plan on staying with it though until the end. I've come this far, why stop now?
Agree completely with this take. I lost interest, and then eventually watched what I missed to catch-up. Still a lot of potential with the show, but so many episodes just feel disjointed.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Thread bump here...

Anyone else besides me still watching TWD? I think the last season has gotten off to a good start so far.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
I cannot remember what happened to that dude who was with the 4 chicks introduced a few seasons ago. Connie, yumiko, magna, and Kelly?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Thread bump here...

Anyone else besides me still watching TWD? I think the last season has gotten off to a good start so far.
I still watch it. I didn't realize they decided to finally end it.
If it wasn't for On Demand I most likely wouldn't. Sunday nights used to be all about waiting until 8pm for TWD. Now I try to watch it with my morning coffee.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I cannot remember what happened to that dude who was with the 4 chicks introduced a few seasons ago. Connie, yumiko, magna, and Kelly?
Luke helped lead the Whisperer horde away with the wagon and loud speakers. Ever since Carol and Lydia got the horde to walk off the cliff, he has not been seen in the new season (yet). He is crushing on a woman from Oceanside named Jules. Rumors are he is not done on the series.

• Dumb
Reactions: Macloney

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
lol i stopped watching like season 5 because it got boring... STILL GOING?!
I think I was around the same time. Amazing I was so into it the first 4-5 seasons that I would watch and then immediately come to this thread only to completely give up on it. I honestly can’t remember the last time I watched.

Reactions: arobb

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think I was around the same time. Amazing I was so into it the first 4-5 seasons that I would watch and then immediately come to this thread only to completely give up on it. I honestly can’t remember the last time I watched.

There was a point where it felt like they were mocking their own show with some scenes.

And any time I 'check in' it seems like it's the same episode, just a different location.

I got through about a 1/2 episode of any spin offs like 'Fear the Walking Dead' and I was team Zombie from the start.

• Haha
Reactions: Acylum

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I'm doing a rewatch on Netflix so I can get caught up before the end of the series. I just got to the episode where they introduce Neagan.
Season 5 and 6 have to be the pinnacle of the show, really good then it all went downhill in Season 7.
I think they lost me after The Whisperer storyline so no idea what's been going on since then.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
Surprised no one has resurrected this thread. I watched the final episode just now. Sad to see it go. I don’t know which or any of these spin-offs are streaming only. Guess will have to google. Thought the final episode tied things together nicely

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

kmcbrid

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
www.municipalgame.com
Surprised no one has resurrected this thread. I watched the final episode just now. Sad to see it go. I don’t know which or any of these spin-offs are streaming only. Guess will have to google. Thought the final episode tied things together nicely
I think all of the spin-offs will eventually air on AMC or will be there right away. With all the walking dead shows, so far, they've done that you can watch a week ahead with AMC+, but never gone the full only AMC+ route.

Agree the the final episode wrapped the main story up. Really, almost, left it where the comic ended(not given all the character changes). Kind of a bummer you knew certain people would live, with all the announced spin-offs, but at least not everyone was safe. These last episodes have finally been better then the long dragged out Savoir and Whisper wars.