Walking Dead

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
The only way I could really follow it was by watching Michonne's belly to know if it was flashback or current...and I'm still kind of confused on the story line of her former college friend.
It was definitely hard to follow but finally I figured out they were trying to show why Michone no longer likes outsiders and a backstory for their X brandings. It was basically a fuller episode leading up to the fair where $&@? will go down.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
It was definitely hard to follow but finally I figured out they were trying to show why Michone no longer likes outsiders and a backstory for their X brandings. It was basically a fuller episode leading up to the fair where $&@? will go down.
Filler not fuller

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
This show is now legit good again. It might be too little too late after ****ing Scott M. Gimple single handedly almost killed the show.

kmcbrid

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
www.municipalgame.com
Are the Highway Men characters from the comic? That crap was stupid. Oh, you have movies? We'd love to help you then.

No, they aren't from the comics. I thought the resolution was a little too easy too, but I did like that they brought in a threat and it was dealt with in 1 episode. So, at least the turn around on it was quick.

The whole Michonne thing, with her not trusting anyone, not just outsiders any more is the exact opposite of that. They show the scars, they briefly mention her not working with anyone for a long time, but don't explain why. Then 5 episodes later, finally address it. That whole story line seems like something held over from the Scott Gimple days and how he really killed the show. Stupid foreshadowing that took way too many episodes to get resolved.

Regardless, I am enjoying this season more now. It does seem to be improved. Unfortunately, the Whispers will bleed into next season, as I was kind of hoping they would wrap that all up in a quick fashion, but that doesn't appear to be the case. As long as it doesn't go into the second half of next season, it will be OK. We don't need another 2 full seasons of the same threat as with what they did with the Saviors.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Taking Carl out was such a bad idea.

I like how things are going right now, you can tell Gimple is not really involved a whole lot anymore.

The shock value of last night was diminished some because of The Grove episode. Good overall episode, this season is so much better than the last several. We'll see if it can continue. I think there was a lot of pressure on the new showrunner to try and recover the previous damage done but so far so good.

• Agree
Reactions: kmcbrid

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I was wondering how they would end that with a shock and was not expecting it. Well done and good season imo. I am surprised there was very little mentioned before the season that Maggie wouldn’t be on the show anymore. I guess if someone doesn’t sign a contract, you just write that they left and they can start a new stupid show which it looks to be from the commercial

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
I thought last night was a good episode and definitely a fairly shocking ending. I think this season has been pretty good overall.

Someone else mentioned Gimple not being the showrunner any longer and I believe that has helped. More is happening because they aren't doing a deep dive into just a few characters for an entire episode at a time like we used to see in the past a lot. I feel like the entire story line advances each episode

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So they have to bring Maggie back now right? Who is the speaker of the hilltop now that the pres/vp are out?
Maggie will all depend on if Whiskey Cavalier gets renewed or not. It's a tossup right now.

I'm conflicted because I've actually been liking her new show. It has some chuck vibes to it

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Last night's episode was fantastic. Honestly the show hasn't been this good since the first 4 seasons.

I think what got me last night, more than the
heads on pikes
was the scene after that,
when they all fought for each other. Huge emotional moment, if futile. Made me realize how much they made me care about these characters this season.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Each cutback to the fair and people looking for people would set me off with another oh NO, not XXXX...

Watching "Talking Dead" right now, and seeing it again in memoriam...

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Last night's episode was fantastic. Honestly the show hasn't been this good since the first 4 seasons.

I think what got me last night, more than the
heads on pikes
was the scene after that,
when they all fought for each other. Huge emotional moment, if futile. Made me realize how much they made me care about these characters this season.
Interesting, for me that moment killed it for me a bit but that is probably the pessimist in me :)