Wanted: 100 Years of ISU Basketball Coke Bottles

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
I just saw on Cyclones.com that they were advertising the 100 years of ISU Basketball Coke Bottles 6 packs. I don't live in central Iowa and was wanting to get one of these. How much do they cost? Where else can I get them or are they already gone.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
3.99+deposit at Hy-Vee in Ames. They had a huge stack on display -- seemed like a whole pallet.

If your username is an indication of your current location, then you could come on down to the game tomorrow night and make a little pit stop to stock up.

Last edited:

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Were going up to Ames for the game tomorrow and definitely grabbing a couple. They also have them at Cub foods, Walmart, and Fareway in Ames and Neveda.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
We checked out 3 places before we found some. We bought a case of em. Nuthin like payin $20 for a case of bottles... and it wasnt even beer!

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
We checked out 3 places before we found some. We bought a case of em. Nuthin like payin $20 for a case of bottles... and it wasnt even beer!

Stopped at Hy-Vee after the game tonight and picked up some. Took a while to find them. Had to ask an employee as they weren't close to the rest of the soft drinks.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Stopped at Hy-Vee after the game tonight and picked up some. Took a while to find them. Had to ask an employee as they weren't close to the rest of the soft drinks.

Which Hy-Vee? We called the one West and stopped at the one East. West said they didn't have any, we couldn't find any at East and asked and the guys said he had never heard of such a thing. :sad:

Found them at Wal-Mart no problem. In the ISU section. There were 2 palates full.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Which Hy Vee? We went to the one near S. 4th street and looked forever. We asked an employee at cusomer service and he'd never heard of them. We called the West HyVee and they said they didnt have them.

:arghh:I'd like to thank those idiots we talked to at HyVee and wasted our time driving around AMes.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Which Hy Vee? We went to the one near S. 4th street and looked forever. We asked an employee at cusomer service and he'd never heard of them. We called the West HyVee and they said they didnt have them.

:arghh:I'd like to thank those idiots we talked to at HyVee and wasted our time driving around AMes.

I didn't know there were two Hy-Vees in Ames. The one on Lincoln Way.

aeroclone08

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Wichita, KS
Haha, well unfortunately for you they're both on Lincoln Way. And points to Rip and 4VR for posting the same story :wink:

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Haha, well unfortunately for you they're both on Lincoln Way. And points to Rip and 4VR for posting the same story :wink:

It's hard when we are both on the computers at the same time. I guess that we have been married long enough that we have started to think alike. Scary!

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny

I have seen them at the West HyVee and at Cubs

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Both are on Lincoln Way. Was there a Hobby Lobby by it or a Wallaby's by it?

Geez, that's crazy. The one by Hobby Lobby. I was going to drop the wifey off at Hobby Lobby while I went in to Hy-Vee but it was closed. Anyway, that Hy-Vee had a rather large display of them.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
My wife was out at Hy-Vee last night in WDM and I had her ask. They had to clue what she was talking about.

isumellie

May 18, 2006
Waukee, IA
My wife was out at Hy-Vee last night in WDM and I had her ask. They had to clue what she was talking about.

It says in the article on cyclones.com that it is only in the Ames HyVees. There is a more complete list there but everything is in Ames or really close to Ames (Nevada, etc.)

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
It says in the article on cyclones.com that it is only in the Ames HyVees. There is a more complete list there but everything is in Ames or really close to Ames (Nevada, etc.)

That would make sense then, thanks for the info.