Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
You rank at the end of the season when the games have been played? It’s why Colorado shouldn’t count as a ranked win, they didn’t even get to a bowl.
Hard disagree.

If someone gets gutted with injuries or has sit outs, that doesn't mean they were the same team later in the season. See FSU and all their people sitting out the Orange Bowl plus injuries (I do think it was a crap quitter move to sit out though)

Reactions: NoCreativity

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Hard disagree.

If someone gets gutted with injuries or has sit outs, that doesn't mean they were the same team later in the season. See FSU and all their people sitting out the Orange Bowl plus injuries (I do think it was a crap quitter move to sit out though)
Nah this is very wrong. Teams get ranked based on preseason evaluations that are often off or based off previous years. Teams like TCU were ranked and had zero business being. Which then got Colorado ranked which shouldn’t have been. Same story for USC, or schools like missouri who were unranked at the beginning of the season.

FSU barley fell down the rankings post bowl game and most teams that lose don’t drop far. Evaluating at the end is the only way to have a fair representation as the rest of the season is too heavily skewed by pre season meaningless rankings.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Now that DeBoer is going to Bama, the Washington job is open.

Campbell is the type of loyal dude to stay there and build the program back up with minimal needs and isn't asking for $10M a year so can pay coordinators and ride the ship while Washington waits to get their full share of B1G money.

Was fun while it lasted.
Coming off two G5 losses. I’m not worried.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
As always, despite what our fans think, he’s on a lot of coaching lists. He turned it down 2 years ago. Could he be interested this time? Sure. But it seems less likely.
It is a BIG10 school. That's where he has always wanted to be.
Not worried one bit if CMC leaves. If he doesn’t want to be here anymore…. then BYE BYE!

That’s his view on his players, which I agree with, and it also applies to him as well. You don’t want to be here, then don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
If offered, I think he will jump at the chance. Chance to be in the Big 10, Midwest prescence. Low pressure. Great town.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I am at the point of not caring if Campbell leaves. If he does he does. He’s been a great coach for us but I’m not going to lose sleep over it
I mean, I think a big reason Rocco and other guys are sticking around is Campbell. He moves on and who knows what happens. In this day and age losing a coach could devastate a roster at a school like ISU.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Nah this is very wrong. Teams get ranked based on preseason evaluations that are often off or based off previous years. Teams like TCU were ranked and had zero business being. Which then got Colorado ranked which shouldn’t have been. Same story for USC, or schools like missouri who were unranked at the beginning of the season.

FSU barley fell down the rankings post bowl game and most teams that lose don’t drop far. Evaluating at the end is the only way to have a fair representation as the rest of the season is too heavily skewed by pre season meaningless rankings.
Go look at the final AP poll. Oregon State was 26th, USC 30th, Utah 32, and UCLA 40th.

Are those not good teams because they didn't finish inside the Top25. Are all those teams worse than Liberty?

Just looking at the final rankings and doing a cutoff at 25 to determine if someone played a tough schedule isn't the way to do it.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
I don't think Washington is hiring Campbell.

But if he goes...

Promote Nate Scheelhaase and keep on jammin'.

:D
I don’t think Jamie will hire anyone who hasn’t been a head coach. He said that back when he let CPR go. He was going to hire a guy who has been in charge of a program.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don’t think Jamie will hire anyone who hasn’t been a head coach. He said that back when he let CPR go. He was going to hire a guy who has been in charge of a program.

He said he wanted a head coach that time. But situations change. If Nate could keep the team together, I'd bet he'd get it.

• Informative
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Washington made its decision about Campbell when they hired Troy Dannen as AD. Campbell isn't going anywhere as long as Pollard is still here.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

But Washington played people in WEEK NINE (Actually Week 10 but whatever) that were ranked. Is 9 weeks not enough?

Reactions: NoCreativity

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Go look at the final AP poll. Oregon State was 26th, USC 30th, Utah 32, and UCLA 40th.

Are those not good teams because they didn't finish inside the Top25. Are all those teams worse than Liberty?

Just looking at the final rankings and doing a cutoff at 25 to determine if someone played a tough schedule isn't the way to do it.
Where are you seeing an AP poll that goes all the way to 40? Honestly asking, haven’t seen one.

You are in a P4 now, playing a 40th ranked team isn’t impressive it’s average. USC lost to horrific teams, the only reason they were ranked was hype and name brand. When you look at their actual performance it’s nothing impressive.

Again you can’t evaluate teams until the end of the season. Do you think Colorado deserves credit for a ranked win for beating TCU? Or is it that TCU was falsely ranked due to their previous years performance and that was played out over the course of the year.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
But Washington played people in WEEK NINE (Actually Week 10 but whatever) that were ranked. Is 9 weeks not enough?
Are you taking about USC? Because no, 9 weeks isn’t enough. By week 9 USC was barley ranked and only were ranked due to their extremely high preseason ranking. Every team with a pulse they lost to and finished the regular season 7-5, again, very average but proper up by the preseason ranking.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Where are you seeing an AP poll that goes all the way to 40? Honestly asking, haven’t seen one.

You are in a P4 now, playing a 40th ranked team isn’t impressive it’s average. USC lost to horrific teams, the only reason they were ranked was hype and name brand. When you look at their actual performance it’s nothing impressive.

Again you can’t evaluate teams until the end of the season. Do you think Colorado deserves credit for a ranked win for beating TCU? Or is it that TCU was falsely ranked due to their previous years performance and that was played out over the course of the year.

At the end of the season UW is ranked high on many SOS etc lists.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

It's probably teams getting votes.

• Informative
Reactions: FriendlySpartan
Status
Not open for further replies.