Washington st forum

MountainHigh

Jul 14, 2020
Was that the mountain man looking guy Oscar? He was awful; dude looked like he was wearing concrete shoes.

If you are looking for tickets tomorrow don't buy at the top of the Wazzu section because they evidently stand the entire game.
Yes, I "sat" in that section last night. Those were some crazy drunk pissed off fans. They acted like they all knew each other and were throwing F-bombs constantly. Wazzu vs the world mentality i guess. I never expected that - was a bad initial impression for sure.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
We should handle these guys easy. Kstate talent at best.

In the tourney "should" can be rendered meaningless in the blink of an eye.

But I have no doubt we'll be locked in. Liked Rob's quote from last night, how every time SDSU made a run they just stayed focused and kept playing their game. Hence us holding off every one of their runs and leading wire to wire.

If we're dialed in we're tough to stop once we get some in-game momentum.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Wazzu is similar with Isaac Jones - They have a couple 6'11" guys that take up space in there in Chinyelu and Cluff, but they don't provide much other than 10 fouls and some rebounding.

Jones hasn't been especially foul-prone, but getting a couple early ones against him would change the dynamic of the game.
Cluff looks like a registered sex offender.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
More people were worried about SDSU than Wazzu in here. I’d love to see similar results.

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
Just looked at their schedule. They beat Grambling State by 18. Same team we beat by 45. They played one rated team all year, Arizona. But they did beat them both times. How do you play over 30 games and only play one rated team. Wow.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
They are really an interesting team in background - they aren't your usual collection of mid-major transfers.

Myles Rice, their PG and best player, is a 3rd year Freshman after he redshirted and then missed last year with cancer.
Jaylen Wells is a lower level transfer, having played 2 years at Sonoma State
Isaac Jones is a lower level transfer, having played 3 years at Wenatchee Valley College, then 1 year at Idaho
Jakimovski is a 4 year player at Wazzu, but is from North Macedonia
Cluff is Australian, and played 2 years at lower level Cochise College
Houinsou is a sophomore from Paris, France
Chinyelu is a freshman from Nigeria who played HS ball in Senegal

Freshman Isaiah Watts is really the only "typical" player, as he's a recruit from Seattle.

But given that, they aren't the typical level of physical as your "collection of misfit transfers" tends to be.
I think they also have a bench guy that played for Kansas and Drake, if I'm not mistaken.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
If BRE, Tre, and Ward are dialed in, they could have great games. WSU is tall, but their interior defense left a bit to be desired.

Work it inside out, and hope shots are falling for MM, Lipsey, and CJ. Keshon keeps doing his thing.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think they also have a bench guy that played for Kansas and Drake, if I'm not mistaken.
yes, Joseph Yesufu - who played 2 years at Drake and looked like he was going to be a star before he transferred to KU and basically rode the bench. He started Wazzu's first 6 games but hasn't played since - I'm assuming he's out hurt

• Informative
Reactions: demoncore1031

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
their coach at the end of the game says play drake was the most physical game they have played. oh boy will they be in for a surprise.
They’re in for a rude awakening. Let’s do what we did to South Dakota st but not have a dry spell and end their suffering quickly

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Yeah, I thought editing in that caveat, but then said to myself “eff it”.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Stumbles

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I was going to call up my bud Yormark and lobby for Washington State to the Big 12. But no need now after hearing their irrational fan base.

• Agree
Reactions: Acer88