Washington State game thoughts

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
What a weapon Watson is to have against a player like Wells. Just a perfect matchup. When Watson first got switched on him, Wells was licking his chops like he was going to work him but that quickly changed to visible frustration when Demarion stonewalled him time after time.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I can tell you section 126 was getting ugly between fans. 5 wsu fans refused to sit down the entire game. Not once did they sit and they were obnoxious about it. Turning around and instigating Creighton and ISU fans behind them. It was getting ugly. It was very close to fists flying on several occasions.
During the WSU-Drake game, I noticed that nearly all the WSU fans behind their bench stood up the entire first half. First 3-5 rows Sat every row up to the concourse stood. Is that just something they do?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What a weapon Watson is to have against a player like Wells. Just a perfect matchup. When Watson first got switched on him, Wells was licking his chops like he was going to work him but that quickly changed to visible frustration when Demarion stonewalled him time after time.

Wells is supposedly taller than Watson…I’m going to try to remember to check his combine results in a year or two.

Reactions: heitclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
During the WSU-Drake game, I noticed that nearly all the WSU fans behind their bench stood up the entire first half. First 3-5 rows Sat every row up to the concourse stood. Is that just something they do?

We did it as students at ISU 97-01 but I always figured nobody else at Hilton did…and when I started attending games outside student section I’d just stand for big moments like everybody else.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I am maybe OK with the new charge/block rule, but I hate the cylinder rule. They got it wrong against Tre. It's a pure judgement call. They need to make it either a reviewable call, or make it like a kicked ball call - side out with a fresh 20 seconds. You can't make a judgement foul call for someone not even touching the ball handler.

The cylinder rule has been called this way the better part of a decade. And for the record, like it or not, they got it right against Tre.

For reference:

Rule 4, Section 39, Article 1c. The space that a player may legally occupy is defined by an imaginary cylinder surrounding the player and which extends from the floor to as far above the player as he can jump or extend his arms and body. The diameter of the cylinder shall not extend beyond the hands/arms on the front (the arms bent at the elbow), the buttocks on the back and the legs on the sides. These dimensions may vary according to the height and size of the player.

Rule 4, Section 39, Article 1k. The offensive player must be allowed enough space to make a normal basketball play. The defense may not invade the vertical space of the offense and make illegal contact when the offensive player is attempting a normal basketball play. A normal basketball play in this context includes shooting, passing, dribbling or pivoting.

• Winner
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Visit any Utah board and 90% of them still call the Big 12 a truck stop and think Big Ten invite is 1-2 years away.

If life were fair they are in WSU’s spot. Just a lot of a-hole people. I’d have never dreamt I’d easily be on the byu side of that rivalry.
Their fanbase is delusional. When the ACC implodes the big10 isn't going to want to look west. They'll be enough to pick from out East. Miami or Utah? Which would you take? Big10 isn't taking Miami so don't know why they'd want Utah. Anyway, wake up call's gonna be fun for them when they play in the big12. Bet they don't have the same results they've been having playing in the pac. I'm still wondering why they think Utah is anything special. What the ***** in Utah anyway?

Reactions: chadly82

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
We took care of the ball very well yesterday despite starting sloppy. Had 3 turnovers in first 4.5 minutes of the game and then did not turn it over again until we had a shot clock violation with a little under 6 minutes left in the second. 2 more after that (one of which was King falling on a rebound which is technically a turnover but not sloppy play).

So nearly 30 minutes of game time without a turnover and only 6 for the game.

Perhaps not coincidentally we out scored them by 17 over this same 30 minute stretch.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron