WATCH: Campbell on Sports Center talking NFL jobs, etc.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Honestly that's the best answer I've heard from on other jobs. Granted my idea of a good answer is "I will never leave" ;)

I said this in another thread, but honestly I thought Randy was reaching when he wrote that Campbell's future would be a big topic today. I sort of felt we were past that discussion at the beginning of the season. But the ESPN guys led with it and Sport Center ended with it.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Honestly that's the best answer I've heard from on other jobs. Granted my idea of a good answer is "I will never leave" ;)

I said this in another thread, but honestly I thought Randy was reaching when he wrote that Campbell's future would be a big topic today..... But the ESPN guys led with it and Sport Center ended with it.

Wasn't it a Texas beat writer from Austin (Brian Davis) that led things with the second question in the presser?
Was there an ESPN story prior to the Big12 presser?

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
He always has the best answers with the most honesty and sincerity. The man crush continues! If I was a player, recruit and on his staff I’d run through brick walls for him. Go cyclones!

Reactions: JM4CY and Yaz

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Wasn't it a Texas beat writer from Austin (Brian Davis) that led things with the second question in the presser?
Was there an ESPN story prior to the Big12 presser?

Yeah, I just watched the presser and that makes at least 3. The ESPNU Interview, the press conference, and sports center.

• Informative
Reactions: Neptune78

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Matt was obviously awesome but it's great to get that kind of pub. He just got say that to a national audience.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Most programs that grow and have this kind of success would get cocky and maybe lose focus a bit. Campbell keeps his players from getting a big head and keeps them focused on the game. I love that. And it all started with players that were not used to winning. Remember coach saying he had to get the "losing mentality" out of the players' heads after year one? Here we are 5 years later talking about conference titles and possible trips to the college football playoff. This is just amazing.

Reactions: everyyard

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Coach Campbell does a great job of being the best version of himself that he can be.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Most programs that grow and have this kind of success would get cocky and maybe lose focus a bit. Campbell keeps his players from getting a big head and keeps them focused on the game. I love that. And it all started with players that were not used to winning. Remember coach saying he had to get the "losing mentality" out of the players' heads after year one? Here we are 5 years later talking about conference titles and possible trips to the college football playoff. This is just amazing.

And we really believe it can happen. Not just hope someday, somehow. But we really believe we can have a great season.

He has changed us too!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Video won't play for me.

Paraphrasing but one of my favorite things that CMC did was talk about how hard it is to win at ISU...at first I took it as an excuse but then I realized it was something they were embracing.

It's hard to win at ISU, so you have to do something special for it to happen. Fantastic.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Campbell seems like the kind of man and born leader that wants to challenge himself by taking on the undoable task that most people dont have the stones to even try. People like Theo Epstein and Ferruccio Lamborghini had the same gene.

It’s true that Campbell might leave someday for another challenge but until that day comes, he knows he can build this program into whatever he wants, however he wants. To do that he needs time, patience and loyal, forever true support, rare things in this day and age that this fanbase has the stomach for and that so many other fanbases and universities dont. Writers can keep asking him when he’s leaving, but I think he will leave if or when he feels he needs another challenge, like an Epstein and Lamborghini did. I wasnt sold on his hire right away but six years in, I am certain Campbell was the perfect person for this place, and Ames is the perfect place for his vision.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron