Watched the re-run

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
South Carolina played Florida State in a 2nd round regional matchup and only drew 2000.
** Edit: Confirmed, some records set.

(1) South Carolina "hosted" this year, but they had to play 100 miles away in Charlotte because their own arena was in use for MBB.

(2) The NCAA record book contains several errors. Iowa's 23K is nowhere close to the record. New Mexico had a two-round total over 30K in both 2003 and 2004. ISU had a 27K total in 2000.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Honestly, the fair weather hawks, at least on my Facebook feed, who never talk about or post about wbb had tons of stuff about Megan. I think all the press Megan got raised the awareness a lot.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Honestly, the fair weather hawks, at least on my Facebook feed, who never talk about or post about wbb had tons of stuff about Megan. I think all the press Megan got raised the awareness a lot.

I can second that. When I FB posted something about attending the Gopher/Iowa last season I got some comments from Hawk fans that wouldn't have noticed in the past. I do get it, I tuned in a couple of times to watch this year and I am no Hawk fan but appreciated watching when there's a special player on the court even if it is a bit of a rival. We pretty much split our games with them year to year (home team wins most) so to me it's only an issue of CyHawk points. I am much more partisan about the MBB Hawks, want them to always lose because their MBB/football fans are such ********.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
The attendance discrepancy is easy to figure out. Your have three schools that contributed strongly to those numbers. Drake was a short hop and so did Missouri, every school that came to Ames has the WBB following of a funeral march. Was VERY disappointed in the number of students there. More than normal, but still pretty minimal. Wondering if Iowa had another one of their ticket giveaways?

Help Support Us

Become a patron