Way Too Early Top 25 roundup: Cyclones a consensus top 5 pick

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Where Iowa at? Oh that's right... they are a women's basketball school now. Oh wait... they're gonna suck again too now. At least Iowa fans have the Indiana Fever they can root for!
If you’re looking at their message boards, it’s nothing but women’s BB topics, nothing about their other team which is basically a glorified intramural dorm team. An absolute joke of a program and it makes me laugh at their utter stupidity. F€*^k the hoks. Give Fran an extension, please. Drake is now the second best program in the state.

Reactions: CyNews

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Uconn will be down? I dont think we can necessarily confirm that lol
I did a double take on that, too. Uconn is ranked a lowly 6th according to the very same article:

team logo
UCONN
This ranking is based on Dan Hurley's Huskies returning five of the top nine scorers - specifically Alex Karaban, Hassan Diarra, Samson Johnson, Solomon Ball and Jaylin Stewart - from a team that won the 2024 NCAA Tournament. Tarris Reed, a former top-50 recruit who averaged 9.0 points and 7.2 rebounds this season at Michigan, is among the newcomers expected to keep UConn in contention for a third straight national championship.

• Winner
Reactions: chadly82

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Assuming this came from the reddit post I think it did, the seeds are Lunardi's but the actual picks are just from a model that will spit out a new, semi-random bracket based on probabilities every time it's run (e.g. if the poster ran the model 100 times, Iowa State would probably beat Quinnipiac 90+ of them, it just so happened that this was one of the 10).
Also this reddit poster is notorious for shitting on the Big12 in these simulations.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Uconn will be down? I dont think we can necessarily confirm that lol
Three in a row? Are you calling it? Do you know that in the 84-year history of the NCAA Men's tourney, only one school has done that? I will refine my statement then if to say "UCONN will be in the hunt but likely not be the NCAA Champs." They could be but few see that is probable.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Three in a row? Are you calling it? Do you know that in the 84-year history of the NCAA Men's tourney, only one school has done that? I will refine my statement then if to say "UCONN will be in the hunt but likely not be the NCAA Champs." They could be but few see that is probable.
That’s essentially what I meant, I’ll bet there’s a few more transfers and recruits to commit to them and Hurley being on fire like he is, they’ll definitely be in the hunt.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: StClone

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Will be interesting to see how the unbalanced schedules shakeout for the 5 teams in the top 10.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I did a double take on that, too. Uconn is ranked a lowly 6th according to the very same article:

team logo
UCONN
This ranking is based on Dan Hurley's Huskies returning five of the top nine scorers - specifically Alex Karaban, Hassan Diarra, Samson Johnson, Solomon Ball and Jaylin Stewart - from a team that won the 2024 NCAA Tournament. Tarris Reed, a former top-50 recruit who averaged 9.0 points and 7.2 rebounds this season at Michigan, is among the newcomers expected to keep UConn in contention for a third straight national championship.
That is way too high for what they have as of now.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron