***WBB: 2020 Recruiting Thread***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well if she doesn't pick us hope she goes to N.D.

I don't think there's much reason to think she's going anywhere but ND if she is serious about wanting to play for a national title and there is no reason at all to think she isn't. Iowa has one Sweet Sixteen and one Elite 8 in the last 10 years. ISU has one Sweet Sixteen in the last ten years and couldn't get there last season with their best team in a decade. ISU has never come close to a Final Four. Iowa had one with Vivian Stringer 27 years ago, a decade before Clark was even born.

D

Deleted member 8507

I do like to read the following though . . . . . ISU with 4 top 100 players, Iowa with 0. So with that strong of a class to play with, hopefully they can progress to stages not seen in a long time (or further) during their career.

The Cyclones have put together a strong 2020 class with four guards and wings: ESPN’s No. 13 Lexi Donarski, No. 69 Aubrey Joens of Iowa City, No. 83 Emily Ryan and No. 92 Kylie Feuerbach. Clark said Iowa State thinks all four would play well with her off the ball.

The Hawkeyes have landed in-state duo Sharon Goodman (forward, Crestwood) and Shateah Wetering (guard, Montezuma) and Minnesota guard Lauren Jensen. ESPN doesn't have those three ranked in its top 100 for 2020.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I do like to read the following though . . . . . ISU with 4 top 100 players, Iowa with 0. So with that strong of a class to play with, hopefully they can progress to stages not seen in a long time (or further) during their career.

The Cyclones have put together a strong 2020 class with four guards and wings: ESPN’s No. 13 Lexi Donarski, No. 69 Aubrey Joens of Iowa City, No. 83 Emily Ryan and No. 92 Kylie Feuerbach. Clark said Iowa State thinks all four would play well with her off the ball.

The Hawkeyes have landed in-state duo Sharon Goodman (forward, Crestwood) and Shateah Wetering (guard, Montezuma) and Minnesota guard Lauren Jensen. ESPN doesn't have those three ranked in its top 100 for 2020.

Truth. That does stand out some doesn't it? Iowa did a bit more with equal talent this year but that recruiting, at least for 2020, looks to give us a big edge in the in-state rivalry. After a Big 10 POY and Elite 8 that is not a very good class.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I don't think there's much reason to think she's going anywhere but ND if she is serious about wanting to play for a national title and there is no reason at all to think she isn't. Iowa has one Sweet Sixteen and one Elite 8 in the last 10 years. ISU has one Sweet Sixteen in the last ten years and couldn't get there last season with their best team in a decade. ISU has never come close to a Final Four. Iowa had one with Vivian Stringer 27 years ago, a decade before Clark was even born.

It would just be nice to land the best in-state talent, and I would throw up if she selects Iowa.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I do like to read the following though . . . . .

It's good that Clark is still considering ISU even with four top backcourt recruits. Keep in mind she's been an AAU teammate of two of them (Joens, Feuerbach) and has faced another on the court once in high school and probably a few times in AAU (Donarski). So she knows what she's talking about when she says they'd play well together.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA

I would say two Elite Eights is coming pretty darned close to being in a final four. Was last year's team the best in a decade. No. Probably 2nd to the Pop led team of 12-13 or possibly 3rd behind even the 08-09 team. Both of those teams had something this team was missing and also what kept it from being a real powerhouse - post play.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Wow. Exciting news. If you look back at who has won national championships in WBB, the teams have always had an All-American caliber post player. I think ISU would be majorly set up to compete at an elite level adding Clark, but would still need an inside talent of similar caliber who could score, rebound, and especially pass well.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Common perception here is that Clark just "committed" to ND and just added ISU and Iowa for PR. Yet I know of three sets of parents of her AAU teammates who say ISU is definitely in the picture. Dowling coach Meyer has been close with ISU staff (especially Steyer) since her coaching days at Nevada.
Don't fall over dead if she picks ISU.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Common perception here is that Clark just "committed" to ND and just added ISU and Iowa for PR. Yet I know of three sets of parents of her AAU teammates who say ISU is definitely in the picture. Dowling coach Meyer has been close with ISU staff (especially Steyer) since her coaching days at Nevada.
Contrarily, it is not the end of the world if she does pick ND.

• Agree
Reactions: C.John

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Truth. That does stand out some doesn't it? Iowa did a bit more with equal talent this year but that recruiting, at least for 2020, looks to give us a big edge in the in-state rivalry. After a Big 10 POY and Elite 8 that is not a very good class.
Iowa had an outlier talent on their team that basically couldn't be stopped. Gonna be interesting

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014

Isn't her brother is on the ISU football team?

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Niele Ivey who was the guards coach and recruiting coordinator at Notre Dame has taken a job with the Memphis Grizzlies. The question becomes does this play into her decision?

https://und.com/ivey-accepts-assistant-coaching-position-with-the-memphis-grizzlies/

As mentioned by another poster, it is well known is the DSM high school scene that she wants to go to Notre Dame.

Ha, probably not although Ivey was a big piece of ND over the last 10 years. Muffet has taken ND to the Final Four 7 times in the last 10 years. She's been talked of as leaving for some time, sort of overdue actually, although i am not sure anyone thought it would be for an NBA position!

I do find it interesting that if ND lands Clark that it would be their highest ranked recruit ever. Found that interesting. Would have thought with all of their success that they would have had some Top 5 to 10 recruits along the way. Not like they aren't always a Top 10, or close to that, class each year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron