WBB: 2023-24 Former Cyclones Now at Other Schools Tracker

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Since we're in imagination land - can you imagine Soares and Crooks playing together? Steph was versatile enough to play the "4", I think.

Or just always have one or the other on the court.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Probably no reaction from the players, they don't know her at all. Only two of our frontline players played with her.
Over Xmas break, I had a direct interaction with a current (and a former) player. The current player shared “they” heard DF predicted ISU would finish last in conference this season. Whether she actually did or not is immaterial, it’s strong bulletin board material. Go State - not that they need additional motivation to play Baylor!

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Ex-Cyclones in WBB games played on Thursday, January 11:

To steal from Boxster's favorite words & phrases list - Woof!

Lexi Donarski was 1-10 from the field for 3 Points in 32 minutes during a 70-62 UNC loss at FSU

MEM was 3-10 from the field for 6 points in 26 minutes, with 4 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 block during Montana's road loss at Northern Colorado.

Maggie Vick started and played 26 minutes in Pepperdine's road loss at San Francisco, finishing with 10 points on 4 of 7 shooting, 5 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 block. Go Maggie Vick!!!

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Lexi Donarski was 1-10 from the field for 3 Points in 32 minutes during a 70-62 UNC loss at FSU
Ironically ISU now has fewer losses than UNC at this point - UNC has played a tougher schedule but they were supposed to be loaded.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Denae Fritz is barely even playing for Baylor......that decision still confuses me
Religious reason probably? IIRC we had one player who ended up transferring because of religious reason or don't like the swearing etc - I just can't remember whether it was VB or WBB player.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I heard nothing and I’m not speculating, but Maggie Vick attended Lakeview Christian HS in TN and is now attending Pepperdine, a school closely associated with the Church of Christ. I don’t believe that’s coincidence.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I heard nothing and I’m not speculating, but Maggie Vick attended Lakeview Christian HS in TN and is now attending Pepperdine, a school closely associated with the Church of Christ. I don’t believe that’s coincidence.
Yes, reverence was a part of her social media postings. And, I believe she indicated this in interviews too during/after the WBB commitment.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I hope people watching the game at Hilton and on TV noticed the receiving line after the game. Coach Fen and Fritz smiled at each other and gave each other a BIG hug. That should definitely dispel some rumors.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and CyJam

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
I hope people watching the game at Hilton and on TV noticed the receiving line after the game. Coach Fen and Fritz smiled at each other and gave each other a BIG hug. That should definitely dispel some rumors.
They did. It was good to see. She also flexed at the ISU bench after her big 2 and Bill laughed.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway