***WBB: 2024 Recruiting Thread***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Staying home does not surprise me and was my second guess as to what Prince's choice would be. A big name (maybe Baylor) was my first guess.

You may see this more seeing Iowa's luck keeping what's her name in the state of Iowa. "Why not make Nebraska great?" Prince may ask. Well, it might be tough to replicate that, and good luck with it.

It stinks but the reality is that our guards may not be on the level of our bigs and that is a shame. Assist machines (great ball handlers like Em, who may be out to pasture) are hard to develop and not easy to recruit.

Yeah, Guard U has a bunch of ranked bigs but not much in the way for highly regarded guards in Ryan's absence.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Yeah, Guard U has a bunch of ranked bigs but not much in the way for highly regarded guards in Ryan's absence.
In that regard Beatle's "Yesterday" may not quite be on the mark, but yeah things change oddly, unfortunately, and uncontrollably.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Looked up Nebraska wbb under current coach Amy Williams. She had 2 20 win seasons in 7 years. Other 5 have been disappointing: way below .500 first year and other 4 have been right around the .500 mark. Kind of surprised she's still there probably because it's wbb and her contract isn't much.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Staying home does not surprise me and was my second guess as to what Prince's choice would be. A big name (maybe Baylor) was my first guess.

You may see this more seeing Iowa's luck keeping what's her name in the state of Iowa. "Why not make Nebraska great?" Prince may ask. Well, it might be tough to replicate that, and good luck with it.

It stinks but the reality is that our guards may not be on the level of our bigs and that is a shame. Assist machines (great ball handlers like Em, who may be out to pasture) are hard to develop and not easy to recruit.

It also takes a PG with a strong mental toughness to thrive at ISU. BF has long said he probably coaches the PG harder than any other position at ISU.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
PG seems like a question mark in the future. Who is playing PG on our current team with Ryan out? Does Ryan have another year due to Covid? I expect the PG from Indiana in this years class to be solid, but I don’t know how high her ceiling is. She does play against great competition.

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
Who is playing PG on our current team with Ryan out?
Arianna Jackson. I think coach will want to get the most minutes at PG from her.

After that, it'll be a big committee contributing.
Dawkins will get some more spot minutes than last year, but I don't think she'll get into the teens many games.
Kelsey Joens sounds like can run the primary ball handler on offense some.
Ny can a little too.
Addy Brown could be the wildcard here. It depends what kind of player the staff see her growing into.
Does Ryan have another year due to Covid?
She played in the 2020-21 season, so yes.
For all the falls sports in 2020 the athletes were to be allowed for that season to not count towards total eligibility.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Arianna Jackson. I think coach will want to get the most minutes at PG from her.

After that, it'll be a big committee contributing.
Dawkins will get some more spot minutes than last year, but I don't think she'll get into the teens many games.
Kelsey Joens sounds like can run the primary ball handler on offense some.
Ny can a little too.
Addy Brown could be the wildcard here. It depends what kind of player the staff see her growing into.

She played in the 2020-21 season, so yes.
For all the falls sports in 2020 the athletes were to be allowed for that season to not count towards total eligibility.
And Jackson is a very different PG than Ryan. A bit more aggressive in everything she does.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Just Tanke and Wilson?
That's the class so far. If everyone on the roster eligible to use a covid year does, we'll have 14 on the roster next season. Belanger is the only player on the roster this year who is definitely not returning next season (barring her getting hurt and medical redshirting).

Also keep in mind that we currently have three new players for next season: Tanke, Wilson, and Alisa Williams.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I knew the second after she gave her interview she was gone. The one that went to NC was a total shock to me anyway.
At least with Lexi, I thought maybe she just wanted to go somewhere else for her senior year (somewhere with higher expectations at least).

Fritz was, likely, going to be one of the stars of this year's team based on her trajectory last season. I didn't get her leaving at all - especially to go to Baylor as I still think Baylor is on a downward trend.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
At least with Lexi, I thought maybe she just wanted to go somewhere else for her senior year (somewhere with higher expectations at least).

Fritz was, likely, going to be one of the stars of this year's team based on her trajectory last season. I didn't get her leaving at all - especially to go to Baylor as I still think Baylor is on a downward trend.
And she gave sort of a BS excuse that she wanted a faster paced playing style.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

On such a downward tread that Fritz, who started for us, was 9th in minutes played versus perennial cupcake Southern. Perhaps not the Mulkey Baylor of old but I'd not be burying them just yet.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron