***WBB: 2026 Recruiting Thread***

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Averie Lower (Clear Creek-Amana) appears to be on the list.

For some reason, my Twitter "who to follow" suggestions often include WBB recruits who are followed by multiple staff members. Hooray algorithms?

• Funny
Reactions: StClone

seadog

Oct 11, 2008

For some reason, my Twitter "who to follow" suggestions often include WBB recruits who are followed by multiple staff members. Hooray
My daughter knows her Mom and said that Bill followed her Monday.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

For some reason, my Twitter "who to follow" suggestions often include WBB recruits who are followed by multiple staff members. Hooray algorithms?
Added. Please keep them coming as you see them. If someone is followed by Bill or at least two of the three primary assistants, they go on the list.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Addison Bjorn - video lifted from FB - please delete if not allowed:

The step-back three was a staple of my driveway basketball game when my children were young. My oldest insists this is a travel call!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Addison Bjorn - video lifted from FB - please delete if not allowed:

The step-back three was a staple of my driveway basketball game when my children were young. My oldest insists this is a travel call!

That looked pretty impressive. Seems she's grown to 6'-3". Wonder if she's more of a small forward in college now or will just be a very versatile big guard.

With that high ranking I guess the name schools will start showing up with their offers. UConn is in with an offer now. Maybe easier to list schools who didn't offer.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
That looked pretty impressive. Seems she's grown to 6'-3". Wonder if she's more of a small forward in college now or will just be a very versatile big guard.

With that high ranking I guess the name schools will start showing up with their offers. UConn is in with an offer now. Maybe easier to list schools who didn't offer.

I think I read that her brother is a TE on the Iowa State Football Team so she may spend some time in Ames visiting him.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I think I read that her brother is a TE on the Iowa State Football Team so she may spend some time in Ames visiting him.
Jack Bjorn - 6'7 - 270 lbs - Redshirt Freshman - Construction Engineering Major

Of course, we also had Blake Clark on the football team when his little sister was making her decision.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Jack Bjorn - 6'7 - 270 lbs - Redshirt Freshman - Construction Engineering Major

Of course, we also had Blake Clark on the football team when his little sister was making her decision.

Our recruiting her let me know who she is and it will be interesting to see where she ends up and to see her play in college. Not holding much hope that there is a real chance we land a top ten recruit.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Our recruiting her let me know who she is and it will be interesting to see where she ends up and to see her play in college. Not holding much hope that there is a real chance we land a top ten recruit.
Jenica Lewis too.

With Fen indicating his final chapter of coaching Iowa State, we are in a situation where we lose recruits because we won't have one of the country's longest-tenured and most successful coaches. A new young (Female?) coach with great personal appeal and impeccable credentials comes with renewed excitement which might attract some top players, especially ones in our HOME area. But, to be pessimistic I can see old Bluder vulture swooping in and luckily hooking into another big one.

We deserve a break!

Last edited:
Reactions: ICCYFAN

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Jenica Lewis too.

With Fen indicating his final chapter of coaching Iowa State, we are in a situation where we lose recruits because we won't have one of the country's longest-tenured and most successful coaches. A new young (Female?) coach with great personal appeal and impeccable credentials comes with renewed excitement which might attract some top players, especially ones in our HOME area. But, to be pessimistic I can see old Bluder vulture swooping in and luckily hooking into another big one.

We deserve a break!

Not counting Iowa out for Lewis because they did pull off Clark but it also works against them, maybe. Just spit-balling but Lewis at Iowa (assuming she keeps her lofty rating) would be under a lot of expectations and pressure to a Clark-redux. Top 10 players don't often stay at "home" and play for the non-elites. Living in Gopherland I am reminded of that every time I see Page Bueckers (from my school district) hitting the court for Geno.

Related to recruiting and the future there's a lot of stuff on the table for ISU vs Iowa. Bluder is 62 and Fennelly is 66 and both have been at their schools for decades and have had very similar success and records. Would just seem logical to guess Bluder has more years left at Iowa than Fennelly has at ISU assuming they both stick around till 70. Will be quite the interesting next hire at both schools. Both have top notch fan followings and attendance for what's that's worth these days. Iowa has a Final Four and a better WBB league once the dust settles with the Pac12 teams moves. We had a great class this year, Iowa has a very similar class next year. With or without Clark next year the Hawks going into 24-25 will be a bit like us in 23-24.

/end Saturday morning ramble of thoughts ;)

• Agree
Reactions: wbbnut