*** WBB: (4) Iowa State vs (2) Texas - Tues., 8:00 ***

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Figured I would head over to T-Mobile tonight but tickets were way more expensive than I anticipated. Think this might be a P&L night

Edit: I just didn’t look in the right place

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Come one come all! Let’s turn this place red!

Texas is beatable. What are they? Quick, deep and strong. Vic is going to throw 3 posts at Audi so she had best hit her free throws. they will try to front her to deny access. If they do that expect to see guards try the lane. Like others I hope we have the same badass energy and are hitting shots at a high percentage. Just like yesterday our key is going to be defense.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006

Texas is beatable. What are they? Quick, deep and strong. Vic is going to throw 3 posts at Audi so she had best hit her free throws. they will try to front her to deny access. If they do that expect to see guards try the lane. Like others I hope we have the same badass energy and are hitting shots at a high percentage. Just like yesterday our key is going to be defense.
Totally agree.
But in addition, hitting some 3’s will be critical. Texas defense will likely make it much harder for Audi than OU.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Really looking forward to another game tonight! Texas is beatable, gotta show up with that same energy again. 3 games in 4 days can definitely be hard, big rest break after so I hope they leave it all on the court! Send them off the right way! Go Cyclones!
They had to work much harder in the 4th quarter to win their game than we did, so let's hope there is some fatigue.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Didn't someone say before the tournament began that our women were having a tough time with shooting in this huge auditorium because of the different sight lines and very dark background? Well, I think they adjusted pretty well after hitting 50+% from 3 last night.

Reactions: riceville98

seadog

Oct 11, 2008

Do you really expect them to call fouls on Texas? Good luck with that

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
I have not watched any non-ISU wbb this year, and missed our first game vs Texas. Do they still press/trap/mug full court? I can remember past Vic teams trying to turn it into rugby, is that a concern again? Regardless, I doubt we'll ever see a softer defense than we did yesterday. Ryan, AJ, Addy, and Belanger will need to be strong with the ball and hit some shots.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I have not watched any non-ISU wbb this year, and missed our first game vs Texas. Do they still press/trap/mug full court? I can remember past Vic teams trying to turn it into rugby, is that a concern again? Regardless, I doubt we'll ever see a softer defense than we did yesterday. Ryan, AJ, Addy, and Belanger will need to be strong with the ball and hit some shots.

They are minus their best player Harmon. She is a one person disruptive force and a steal machine. They are still built on defense.

Different team than we played last champ game with Booker having to play PG. She turns it over a lot, not surprising for a forward playing PG. At Austin she played one of her best stat games 18 pts 10 assists and only 2 turnovers.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Didn't someone say before the tournament began that our women were having a tough time with shooting in this huge auditorium because of the different sight lines and very dark background? Well, I think they adjusted pretty well after hitting 50+% from 3 last night.
Actually, it was the teams earlier in the tournament with the issues -- Thursday for sure. Looked like junior high teams for a while.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Jimbo ISU

Mar 7, 2024
Great opportunity for the Cyclones, I think we can get it done. Since its a night game, I will be watching live.

cincy_cy2014

Jan 19, 2023
I am hoping this young team comes out loose and firing. Going to take some luck, but absolutely can pull it off.