*** WBB: (4) Iowa State vs (5) Baylor - Sat., 11:00 ***

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
What role do you envision her playing? With Tanke coming in, we seem to have a logjam at the 2 & 3. Is there such a thing as too much competition?
We're losing Belanger -- minutes going to Tanke and some of this year's freshmen. We're losing Diew -- minutes going to Williams probably. I imagine Wilson might find it difficult to find minutes her freshman year with Ryan coming back, but she'll have plenty of opportunities after that.

I don't think there's a big logjam yet. If we were to add a transfer like Fritz, I do agree I'm not sure where her minutes would come from. But that assumes nobody transfers away and everyone is healthy.

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
Just guessing here? The school is backed by the Mormon Faith. Once you are out of school you are on your own. Think of Jim Mc . QB from thr Bears Super Bowl team. He came out to BYU. Not everyone is Mormon, that plays for them.

Reactions: riceville98

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
It's the BYU break
While the Sunday play policy doesn’t directly impact BYU’s football team, the NCAA basketball tournament committee places the Cougar men’s basketball team in a Thursday-Saturday bracket instead of a Friday-Sunday bracket. A similar accommodation is made for other BYU teams

• Wow

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
We're losing Belanger -- minutes going to Tanke and some of this year's freshmen. We're losing Diew -- minutes going to Williams probably. I imagine Wilson might find it difficult to find minutes her freshman year with Ryan coming back, but she'll have plenty of opportunities after that.

I don't think there's a big logjam yet. If we were to add a transfer like Fritz, I do agree I'm not sure where her minutes would come from. But that assumes nobody transfers away and everyone is healthy.
"Fritzs" have been known to leave openings in the program as well...though I don't see that coming.

jspeels

May 14, 2022
Separating these tournaments was absolutely stupid! And then add in this scheduling of these games, because of BYU, it makes the tourney almost anti fan friendly. I know people that went to KC for the Saturday game and can’t stick around for Monday and Tuesday. I guarantee these teams would rather play in a packed gym for every game or most games.

ChiClone22

Mar 19, 2022
Separating these tournaments was absolutely stupid! And then add in this scheduling of these games, because of BYU, it makes the tourney almost anti fan friendly. I know people that went to KC for the Saturday game and can’t stick around for Monday and Tuesday. I guarantee these teams would rather play in a packed gym for every game or most games.
Unfortunately, other than Iowa State, most teams would prefer a modern arena to play in. Also, it’s all about the television contract… follow the money… and probably the new arena is much more set up for ESPN’s needs.

Loved the packed, older place as an Iowa State fan. But there is no going back.

Let’s just get a better schedule and keep the new arena feeling like “Hilton South”.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
As noted previously…making a shot is all about technique and muscle memory. The womens team shoots free throws 15-20 minutes EVERY practice.
Division 1 players don't become good free throw shooters at team practice. 15-20 minutes at practice is nothing.

• Dislike
Reactions: acoustimac

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron