*** WBB at Houston (Wed., 7:00) ***

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Who: Iowa State (14-10, 8-6 Big 12) at Houston (13-12, 4-10 Big 12)
Where: Fertitta Center – Houston, Texas
When: Wednesday, February 21, 2024 – 7:00 p.m. CT
The Links
WATCH:
Big 12 Now on ESPN+
PxP: Matt Pedersen
Analyst: Austyn Iven

LISTEN: Cyclone Radio Network – Varsity App or Radio Affiliates
PxP: Noah Wolf
Analyst: Jamie Steyer Johnson

GAME NOTES: Iowa State | Houston

LIVE STATS

Big 12 Schedule - Wednesday, Feb. 21
6:30 - UCF at Oklahoma State (ESPN+)
6:30 - West Virginia at Kansas State (ESPN+)
7:00 - Texas Tech at Texas (LHN)
7:00 - Kansas at Baylor (ESPN+)
7:00 - Iowa State at Houston (ESPN+)
8:00 - TCU at BYU (ESPN+)

Big 12 Standings
Oklahoma 13-2 (clinched double bye)
Texas 11-3
Kansas State 11-3
West Virginia 11-3
-----
Iowa State 8-6
Kansas 8-6
Baylor 8-6
Oklahoma State 5-9
BYU 5-9
Texas Tech 5-9
-----
Houston 4-10
Cincinnati 4-11
TCU 3-11
UCF 3-11

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
A win tonight officially puts ISU no worse than the "single bye" group for Kansas City, meaning a Friday start.

Baylor/Kansas and WVU/KSU are also big ones tonight when it comes to sorting out possible tiebreakers.
I haven't looked at the brackets in a long time. One win for us puts us in a Friday start for sure?

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
I've said this in another thread, but I think for an NCAA tournament bid we need to win this game, BYU and Cincinnati. I think we can lose to Kstate and still be in.

For the game plan, Houston appears to be a team in which we want to dare to beat us at the three point line. They are 13th in the Conference on three-point percentage at 29%

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
A lot of good stuff in that video. Pretty amazing, Audi has such a big story already and is a nice girl just getting started.

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
A Saturday start is still possible, but not probable.
IMHO, the most likely possibility leading to a Saturday start is ISU wins out and WVU loses their next three (@KSU, Baylor, @OSU).

The only other vaguely likely possibility is a KSU meltdown. They have a pretty difficult stretch to end the season (WVU, @KU, ISU, @TTU). If ISU wins out and KSU loses the next three, ISU can get the 4 seed.

The good news is either KSU or WVU will lose tonight. Whichever one loses, we need to root for them to lose this weekend as well.

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
IMHO, the most likely possibility leading to a Saturday start is ISU wins out and WVU loses their next three (@KSU, Baylor, @OSU).

The only other vaguely likely possibility is a KSU meltdown. They have a pretty difficult stretch to end the season (WVU, @KU, ISU, @TTU). If ISU wins out and KSU loses the next three, ISU can get the 4 seed.

The good news is either KSU or WVU will lose tonight. Whichever one loses, we need to root for them to lose this weekend as well.
NCAA tourney wise we play three new-to-the-conference teams out of the last four. Looked at as an aberration our loss at UCF, we should not lose at home to BYU or Cin. I am thinking KSU is not an assured win so we could slide into the BIG 12 Toruney 17-11 IF WE WIN the games we should. Win a game or two at the tourney and we seal a spot. A trip to the NCAA is in my opinion is better than a NIT bid.

Reactions: NWICY

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Tonight is one of those games that we "should" win, but could lose. It's kind of similar to the UCF game. If the ladies come out to play like they did against KSU and the fight they showed versus Texas....they win going away. That's what I hope to see.

Reactions: NWICY

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Houston and UCF are very similar. I do believe in time though that the coaching staff at UCF may be bring them up. Both teams have very athletic players but UH just isn't blessed with many pure shooters. Ever since watching them at the AAC tournament last year I can't say that I have been very impressed with their coach and his decision making. After many years of observation I've come to the conclusion that 95% of all the good shooters are taken by the top 20 teams. By joining up with other good shooters and slightly better coaching staffs they just naturally wind up faring a little better.

I do like their arena. It is extremely easy to get to off I-45 and there's not a bad seat in the house. Oh yes and it's red in there, very red.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Tonight is one of those games that we "should" win, but could lose. It's kind of similar to the UCF game. If the ladies come out to play like they did against KSU and the fight they showed versus Texas....they win going away. That's what I hope to see.
I think you predicted 17 wins too for the season.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
These team looks bad and there's like 50 people there, we better win.