*** WBB at Houston (Wed., 7:00) ***

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Out of curiosity, I looked up Bristow's hometown of Holliday, TX. It is NW of DFW, outside of Wichita Falls. Just north of Holliday is a town named Iowa Park. When I first saw it, I assumed it was a business named Iowa Pork.

View attachment 124354

That's probably a 5-hour drive to Houston. Woof.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
So many prime seats completely empty. Official attendance was only 995, but even that seems way too high.
I am guessing Houston AD does attendance same way I did in 80s. Make a number up. I was in charge of WBB stats 85-88 and one of my duties was set official attendance. Back then you could literally count the number of people in the stands. I wouldn't bother and just look around and make up a number (always higher than actual to pad the figures).

ISU WBB was not very good during that period with little fan support. IIRC, the pep band usually didn't even attend and outside of them, there were MAYBE a dozen students show up. Of the 100-150 fans that would, most were player family, older fans probably bored and looking for something to pass the time or JH/High School players.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Crowd was pathetic, do they care about any women's sports?
I mean tbf they are not a good team but even in our bad years, we'd still put at least 3k in Hilton and it would look relatively full in the lower bowl seating.....but I think it's hard to compare any Big 12 women's basketball fan base to ours

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
Crowd was pathetic, do they care about any women's sports?
It is clear the AD doesn't. Their head coach has a losing record after 10 seasons. Only having above .500 three seasons and will likely once again be sub .500 while playing a very weak non-con.

Help Support Us

Become a patron