• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
It looked like their pep band had 50+ people
Anybody else notice someone or something do a very loud whooping noise when ISU was shooting FTs? It kind of sounded like a person but no way someone could be that loud with just their mouth. I would think devices would be outlawed so no idea what it was.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We are down 8 to one of the worst teams not only in the Big 12, in the COUNTRY

I found myself wondering how UCF could have only 1 conference win prior to playing us. They had some good players and seemed to do pretty well on both ends.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Anybody else notice someone or something do a very loud whooping noise when ISU was shooting FTs? It kind of sounded like a person but no way someone could be that loud with just their mouth. I would think devices would be outlawed so no idea what it was.

Wasn't very effective. We shot 86%. Our season average is 72%.

Reactions: acoustimac

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Been a long time since we've played in that. Wonder what attendance would be like?

I went to the WNIT men's and women's "doubleheader" way back. Not sure I'd go again today.
I went to that as well. I believe Hilton was sold out. I suspect a home WNIT game would draw similar to any home game…maybe slightly better.

• Winner

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I went to that as well. I believe Hilton was sold out. I suspect a home WNIT game would draw similar to any home game…maybe slightly better.

We would certainly host. I'd guess a good crowd of 5000-6000 depending on the opponent. We drew 6200 last time we hosted NCAA game versus Georgia so that's my basis for 5-6K. I think if we get WNIT it's still maybe a decent draw since it's a team on the rise for the future more than a team that "missed the NCAA".

To be clear, just spitballing, we can still play our way into the NCAA's. We don't need to have anyone else beat someone for us, we just need to win the games we play.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
We would certainly host. I'd guess a good crowd of 5000-6000 depending on the opponent. We drew 6200 last time we hosted NCAA game versus Georgia so that's my basis for 5-6K. I think if we get WNIT it's still maybe a decent draw since it's a team on the rise for the future more than a team that "missed the NCAA".

To be clear, just spitballing, we can still play our way into the NCAA's. We don't need to have anyone else beat someone for us, we just need to win the games we play.
That’s the key…this team is VERY capable of winning any number of games remaining on the schedule.

Help Support Us

Become a patron