WBB Attendance Figures

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
ow.ly/omqNL

Big 12 continues to lead the way. Interested to see Baylor's attendance figure this upcoming season.

I thought the same thing about Baylor. Have to imagine they will drop off.

A couple of the top attendance schools hosted NCAA tourney games. I wonder if those are included in the games counted? If so, it may boost their numbers compared to regular season games only.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I thought the same thing about Baylor. Have to imagine they will drop off.

A couple of the top attendance schools hosted NCAA tourney games. I wonder if those are included in the games counted? If so, it may boost their numbers compared to regular season games only.

NCAA games hosted by a school are counted in the final home attendance numbers. It used to help us when we'd draw a legit 13,000+ to 1st and 2nd round games, but lately it has hurt when only 4-5,000 show up. It's also how, as a conference, the Big 12 surpassed 1,000,000 fans more than once. If it weren't for several league schools hosting sub-regionals and regionals, we would not have passed that threshold.

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
A nice blog from Nicole Greiner about WBB attendance:

Hats off to the Fans | Cyclone Sidebar

• Iowa State’s average atten. (9,970/game) was more than 153 schools’ yearly atten. total, which equates to 45% 343 D-I schools

• Iowa State’s highest attended game (11,963 fans) was more than 183 (of 343) schools’ yearly total

• In the Big 12, ISU averaged 810 more than Baylor (2ndin Big 12) & 3,552 more than Texas Tech (3rd).

• When adding in the average volleyball attendance Iowa State has the most fans on average attend volleyball & wbb combined in the nation

Not too shabby for the Cardinal & Gold.

Help Support Us

Become a patron