WBB: Cyclone vs Southern University ESPN+ at noon today

CloneSt8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 1, 2011
Before the season Coach said that Aubry Joens could be the x-factor for the team. Looking like his prediction is holding out! She is shooting very well, rebounding well.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Can't tell via TV but is Fritz in street clothes on the bench or not at the game at all?

Edit: Never mind, they just said Fennelly said it's nothing too serious.

Did MEM do warmups like at Drake?

Last edited:

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Can't tell via TV but is Fritz in street clothes on the bench or not at the game at all?

Edit: Never mind, they just said Fennelly said it's nothing too serious.

Did MEM do warmups like at Drake?
MEM was in street clothes. Fritz was dressed but didn't warm up. Just hung out with MEM.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Lawdhavemercy, the Clones have a stable of shooters this season. And overall great athleticism.

16 and 15 3's in the last 2 games. The men have been hitting at a slightly lower clip :)

They've seemed kind of weak at the 5 so I'm interested to see more of Beatriz Jordao (fun linguistic note that will surprise no one: "Jordao" is "Jordan" in Portuguese).

Reactions: OnlyCyclones

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Watching the game now. Random thoughts:

Southern is not a great team, but they play good defense and run a decent offense. They just can't shoot worth anything.

I kind of like the post by committee, but it'd be great if at least one of two could break out. Jordao really looked like the veteran post she is.

We have a ridiculous number of offensive options. Ashley's ppg might be down this year just because we don't need her to shoulder quite the load compared to past years.

Diew seems raw out there sometimes (particularly on defense), but she has a ton of potential. I really look forward to seeing her develop.