WBB: Cyclones versus Oklahoma Sooners at 1:30 p.m. ESPN2/ESPN+

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Natabou seems like such a great person talking on the post game radio today. Seemed so excited to be part of it, reminds me of when Gilbert talks about how great the team/fans/atmosphere is for mens team.
Looking like maybe Natabou can be counted on to make layups. Huge benefit going forward.

• Winner
Reactions: CYDJ

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Had To listen to OU radio since I couldn’t find ISU on Sirius.:curse: They said OU couldn’t host because they have the Big12 gymnastics in Norman.
That is an interesting comment. In 2004, we hosted the WNIT on 3/19/2004 and were scheduled to host the Big 12 Gymnastics meet on 3/20/2004. They moved the Big 12 Gymnastics meet to the Knapp Center.

Is there a reason if OU was chosen to host, they couldn't move gymnastics elsewhere. I know OU sells out gymnastics, but there isn't somewhere in OKC that couldn't host?

Reactions: dafarmer

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Watching the K-State/Texas game. What happened to all the Iowa State fans sitting behind the away team bench? I thought this was a single session with reserved seats. Did we pull an Iowa Nice move and give up our seats for K-State fans? Or did we just grab open seats until the K-State fans with tickets showed up?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That is an interesting comment. In 2004, we hosted the WNIT on 3/19/2004 and were scheduled to host the Big 12 Gymnastics meet on 3/20/2004. They moved the Big 12 Gymnastics meet to the Knapp Center.

Is there a reason if OU was chosen to host, they couldn't move gymnastics elsewhere. I know OU sells out gymnastics, but there isn't somewhere in OKC that couldn't host?

OU Gymnastics is their most accomplished sport. Lots of recent national championships. Thanks to Iowa State's K.J. Kindler. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone13 and NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Watching the K-State/Texas game. What happened to all the Iowa State fans sitting behind the away team bench? I thought this was a single session with reserved seats. Did we pull an Iowa Nice move and give up our seats for K-State fans? Or did we just grab open seats until the K-State fans with tickets showed up?
I think the lower few rows immediately behind the team are reserved for parents, etc for that game. They switched out every game we watched Fri and Sat.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
6 National championships each for OU Gymnastics and Softball since K.J. and Lou went to Norman.
Exactly. That’s why I added them to the list. And overall OU has 7 national titles in softball with two runner ups, so they get the nod for now. But point is they are insanely good at both lol

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

jspeels

May 14, 2022

OU number one in the country and back to back national champs…that will take precedent over their basketball.

geek4cy

Jan 25, 2007
Des Moines, IA
Bottom 12 rows are reserved. All others are General Admission.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
Will be interesting to see how ISU tries to defend Texas. Booker is a great player. Key is finding a way to contain Gonzales and Holle on the perimeter.