***WBB Gameday vs St. Thomas (7 pm)***

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Just me and around 200 other Cyclones. ;) They had sold 168 via our ISUAA ticket link and I know a number of folks posting on FB that are going and didn't catch that we had the linky for our fans and just bought via the regular ticket option.

Will try and take some pics (won't be @wesley_w level stuff by any means) but it's a small venue so shots from the stands might be okay. I maybe should have taken St. Thomas up on their offer of a photographer pass. As it is they do allow DSLR cameras in the stands if lens is less than 6" and my small Nikon zoom just sneaks under that.

I think Audi is going to have a field day. We are young but pretty much out match them. As Red mentioned, they have no size at all and that is what we do have.

I think ISU normally brings a photographer - hopefully you can wave her down to get a crowd shot so the rest of us can see the support!!

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Just me and around 200 other Cyclones. ;) They had sold 168 via our ISUAA ticket link and I know a number of folks posting on FB that are going and didn't catch that we had the linky for our fans and just bought via the regular ticket option.

Will try and take some pics (won't be @wesley_w level stuff by any means) but it's a small venue so shots from the stands might be okay. I maybe should have taken St. Thomas up on their offer of a photographer pass. As it is they do allow DSLR cameras in the stands if lens is less than 6" and my small Nikon zoom just sneaks under that.

I think Audi is going to have a field day. We are young but pretty much out match them. As Red mentioned, they have no size at all and that is what we do have.
Would love to go but wife has been under the weather for couple of days ......Thanks for organizing, @BoxsterCy

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
More random thoughts:

One thing that strikes me from looking at the Tommie stats: they are really solid from 2pt range. They shoot around 57% inside the arc. Langbehn (their 6'2" player) is 74% inside the arc on a not-too-small sample size.

ISU is 54% inside the arc, led by Crooks at 73% and Brown at 72%.

Quick calculations:
PPG in the paint: ISU 34, StT 31
PPG on fast breaks: ISU 1, StT 12

Not a typo -- ISU has 6 total fast break points in 5 games.

I didn't initially notice, but we have a second opponent in common other than Drake. We beat Butler at home by 27, and they lost to Butler on the road by 22.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Just me and around 200 other Cyclones. ;)
They have had two home games, both on Saturday afternoons. Average attendance of around 400. I imagine having ISU there might draw in some extra Tommie fans, but being a weekday game might offset that. ISU fans will make up a significant chunk of the attendance.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Is this the team that got kicked out of their conference?
My youngest son was on the swim team at St. Olaf College and he laughs about the MIAC Conference Swim Meet, which was always dominated by St. Thomas. Evidently the other nine conference schools banded together with coordinated anti-Tommy cheers. The way he tells it, St. Thomas to the MIAC was like Texas to the Big XII - everybody was happy with their departure.

Townseyrunner

Nov 13, 2023
Hoping the ladies have a lights out night we haven't really had a bad loss but lighting up the score board hitting a-lot of shots and hopefully suffocate them on defense even our record up at 3-3 and get some confidence and momentum going!

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Debating where to sit. Sections 102/103 are behind our bench and is designated for visitors for their men's games but there is no such distinction for their women's games. Section 113 is more center court and across from our bench so may give that section out as a place to sit at our pre-game social gathering.
At Hilton we sit in the section directly across from the home bench. Definitely interesting to watch players and coaches, and sometimes it's crystal clear to read Bill's lips.

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Of the 12 players that have played at least 10 minutes this season, only one is over 6'0": 6'2" center Jo Langbehn.

One notable name: 6'0" sophomore Faith Feuerbach, younger sister of Kylie.

They are similar to ISU in three-point shooting. ISU is 40-124 in 5 games, and St. Thomas is 46-143 in 6 games.

Ruth Sinn is in her 19th season as St. Thomas head coach. There's a lot of experience on those benches tonight.
Dang. I didn't know there was another D1 Feuerbach. Those Feuerbachs are good people. I won an intramural championship in hoops with their dad at ISU. He was a great multi-sport athlete and his dad played at ISU, I believe;

Last edited:

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Dang. I didn't know there was another D1 Feuerbach. Those Feuerbachs are good people. I won an intramural championship in hoops with their dad at ISU. He was a great multi-sport athlete and his dad played at ISU, I believe;
I played against Steve in high school. Never interacted much in college but knew he was out there. And yes, the Feuerbach family is full of better than average athletes.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
69-29 after 3.

Joens 14, Diew 12, Crooks 12, Bristow 8

Brown 9 pts, 8 reb, 6 ast
Jackson 7 pts, 3 reb, 4 ast, 4 stl

ISU 7/10 3pt in Q3.

Reactions: Marcelason78

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Wish I could be watching live. Maybe some of this confidence will continue through the season.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Audio:

Stats:

Stats:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
KLGA stream sort of drops in and out. KASI stream is much better.