*** WBB: Gamethread - Iowa State vs. Kansas 6:30 pm ESPN+ ****

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
There is much to be encouraged with from this game! Our youngsters shot 50% from the field and 50% from three, plus we didn’t melt when the veteran KU squad turned up the heat. When we needed a bucket, Brown stepped up and delivered. This is fun, plus we have a very winnable road game at BYU next. My only real concern remains finding more PT for Kelsey and Jalynn so they stay content at ISU…

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
There is much to be encouraged with from this game! Our youngsters shot 50% from the field and 50% from three, plus we didn’t melt when the veteran KU squad turned up the heat. When we needed a bucket, Brown stepped up and delivered. This is fun, plus we have a very winnable road game at BYU next. My only real concern remains finding more PT for Kelsey and Jalynn so they stay content at ISU…
Kelsey didn’t play in the 2nd half, and Hannah had a couple bad plays from being gassed. Doesn’t someone manage minutes?

AllN4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 8, 2010
On the inbounds pass play that wasn’t what was drawn up in the huddle. The confusion was on where the inbounder would be located and we thought it would by Kansas bench as Emily ran right over to where the Kansas coach stands.When they realized it was on the baseline Bill started to call a different play on the fly.

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
My biggest takeaway from this game is the character of this team. Nothing was working right in the first quarter and they were down big. A few adjustment and a lot of sand and things turned around. Even in the 4th quarter where KU gave it their best shot, the girls stood tall and made the plays that were needed. It may not have been pretty but they start the B12 at 2-0. Go 'clones.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Thought the end of the game didn't need to be as close as it was - BUT despite some missed bunnies and FTs, our girls gutted it out for a tough win. Our rebounding was excellent - did not let KU get extra shots when they missed - and Emily's block was a thing of beauty!

Reactions: riceville98

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Personally, I think as Ryan's minutes continue to gradually increase, Bristow is going to drop back and it will be mainly an 8-player rotation.

Reactions: riceville98

Help Support Us

Become a patron