WBB: Miscellaneous Thread for 2020-21 Season

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Hawks came from behind in the 4th to win 103-97 in Des Moines. Clark with 30 points.

Might have to watch the replay, at least the 2nd half maybe. Teams combined for 67 points in the 4th quarter! :oops:

Clark vs Joens is going to be something to watch.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Watched 2nd half of Iowa at Drake. Clark didn't score in the 4th but had a ton of assists to their All-Big 10 post Monika Czinano. Going to need our A+ game to win this one in IC and can't have either Joens or Scott get in foul trouble. Czinano is likely to be a load for us to handle. I've not seen Clark play before since I am up here in Minnesota and not watching Iowa HS games. She really does look to be all of her hype and rating. She was not running that offense like a freshman. 30 points 13 assists 4 steals 5 TO's

And Drake was their usual good selves. A string of turnovers mid 4th probably cost them the game. Some were dumb and some were good steals by Iowa. That and too much Czinano for a couple of minutes where she scored at will. 2 point game with 19 seconds left.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Great, S. Carolina is about to get upset in the game before they play us. They will be coming in with a bad attitude and something to prove. Let's hope our ladies are up for the challenge.

• Informative
Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Great, S. Carolina is about to get upset in the game before they play us. They will be coming in with a bad attitude and something to prove. Let's hope our ladies are up for the challenge.

21-20 halftime and the #1 team in the country scores 46? At home? :oops:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Another thought, within a couple of years of both schools having the league player of the year we could be on the cusp of seeing it again. Maybe not this year but next. Think Joens will win Big 12 POY, would be a lot to ask for Clark to do that as freshman but maybe later.

BobTheHawkHater

Jan 21, 2008
You know ISU will double down on Iowa’s post and put our stopper on Clark. Someone else will have to beat us
Kylie F played 2 years of AAU ball with Clark on All Iowa Attack and Kylie is an excellent defender so maybe she can use some inside knowledge to help stop her.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Kylie F played 2 years of AAU ball with Clark on All Iowa Attack and Kylie is an excellent defender so maybe she can use some inside knowledge to help stop her.

Aubrey Joens was on that team too - I am unsure but CC may have play have been moved up and played some with Ashley too.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Gophers play Drake tomorrow afternoon. Debating whether to get BTN+ for $10/month so I can watch the Gophers this winter. Could make for a good doubleheader for me Sunday. I think the Gophers will still be with only seven players Sunday.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Sunday Randoms:

Looked and saw ISU/Iowa Wednesday is on BTN+ so signed up for that at halftime of SC game. Just went monthly and had been thinking about it for Gopher hoops so not getting totally ripped off.

The Sherri Sooners were tied with Georgia on the road after 3 but lost by 13.

Drake plays at Gophers at 2:00, streaming on BTN+.

Update: Drake all over the Gophers in the first half 56-34. 70% from three. They look in mid-season form. 9 players scored in the first half.

Update 2: What a rout. Only thing left to determine is if Bulldogs get 100 points. :oops: Think I'll avoid the Gopher fan forum.

Last edited:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Sunday Randoms:

Looked and saw ISU/Iowa Wednesday is on BTN+ so signed up for that at halftime of SC game. Just went monthly and had been thinking about it for Gopher hoops so not getting totally ripped off.

The Sherri Sooners were tied with Georgia on the road after 3 but lost by 13.

Drake plays at Gophers at 2:00, streaming on BTN+.

Update: Drake all over the Gophers in the first half 56-34. 70% from three. They look in mid-season form. 9 players scored in the first half.

Update 2: What a rout. Only thing left to determine is if Bulldogs get 100 points. :oops: Think I'll avoid the Gopher fan forum.
Bulldogs win by 33 - at Williams no less. Didn't see a lot of D by Minn - don't know how many starters are out.
Drake runs their motion, screening, passing offense as well as anyone I've seen. Baranczyk can coach - no surprise there...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Bulldogs win by 33 - at Williams no less. Didn't see a lot of D by Minn - don't know how many starters are out.
Drake runs their motion, screening, passing offense as well as anyone I've seen. Baranczyk can coach - no surprise there...

I watched, Drake came out smoking and never let up. Gophers had only seven players in their first game. Some injuries, some Covid (speculating as they aren't saying). Gophers got a couple players back but just today. Their practice has been way disrupted going back to both their WBB and MBB taking a 14 day pause earlier this fall. Drake will be a handful for us.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Watching the battle of Texas Best Friends. Texas A&M at Austin. ;) Mostly A&M halfway through 3rd, up by 9. First to 60 will win this. Don't think Texas will even get 60.

SEC is crushing the weak Big 12 in this year's Challenge 6 to 1 so far. Only one Big 12 win, West Virginia in OT today.

Edit: Texas coming back, 51-49 and only down by 2 now end of 3rd. Have to make my every 10 days grocery run now before they close...gonna miss the 4th.

Last edited: