WBB: Nyamer Diew, the team mantra & the Cyclones that advanced to the Big 12 title

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
My story from Kansas City today, hope you enjoy it and thanks for following our coverage:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I like the boxing match analogy. There was a lot of physicality today.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
A little thing I witnessed before our Baylor quarterfinal. The girls were dressed out and sitting in a corner of the arena. Two little girls (maybe 10 yrs old), in the next section over held up signs they made for the team to see. One said ‘I want to be like Mike” with Mike crossed out and Maggie in in bigger letter below it. The other read “Just Diew It”. MEM and Ny saw them and came over to the girls to hug them and take pictures with them and their signs.

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
It was fun seeing all the girls hitting shots! Lexi looked like her old self again! If she shoots like that today will win!

Reactions: acoustimac

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
A little thing I witnessed before our Baylor quarterfinal. The girls were dressed out and sitting in a corner of the arena. Two little girls (maybe 10 yrs old), in the next section over held up signs they made for the team to see. One said ‘I want to be like Mike” with Mike crossed out and Maggie in in bigger letter below it. The other read “Just Diew It”. MEM and Ny saw them and came over to the girls to hug them and take pictures with them and their signs.

They do stuff like that all the time at the stadium and the hotel. They are great ambassadors for their team, our school, and humanity in general!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I choose to wear my "Twister Sisters" shirt today to honor them rather than to dignify their opponent with my "BEAT TEXA$" or "Horns Down" shirts!

It was funny to hear the mocking "SEC, SEC, SEC" chant after we beat Oklahoma!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron