WBB Recruiting

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
Looks like Coach Fenn feels the need to broaden the recruiting base to the east and southeast. I have always wondered why we did not appear to recruit very far east. There are Jess and Mary Fox from several years ago, but I cannot think of any other players from east of the River. Coach must still have some connections after having coached in Indiana and Ohio, no?

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
There was apparently some weather around Raleigh; there are reports of damage in downtown Raleigh.

ARSON

Apr 9, 2006
Looks like Coach Fenn feels the need to broaden the recruiting base to the east and southeast. I have always wondered why we did not appear to recruit very far east. There are Jess and Mary Fox from several years ago, but I cannot think of any other players from east of the River. Coach must still have some connections after having coached in Indiana and Ohio, no?

This was not intended as a slap in the face of our great staff!
Many apologies!

Last edited:

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Looks like Coach Fenn feels the need to broaden the recruiting base to the east and southeast. I have always wondered why we did not appear to recruit very far east.

There are teams from all over the country at that tournament and at Boo Williams in VA. I would not take his presence there as a signal that he is broadening his recruiting base to the East and SE.

And while recruiting has been better the past couple of years after the complete bust of the Arlen/Rockall/Williams/Yackley class, I do agree with Arson that BF may need to add a TJ Otzelberger type to his staff.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I just wanted Bill to hire him a dynamic recruiter a couple years ago but he hired his boy. Just wanted someone with some pizzaz and connections mainly. no knock on Jack or Jodi but I think Bill is pretty much not only the "closer" but the main recruiter and I think we don't get "in" on a lot of the kids from schools that have the "recruitniks" on staff.

I thought we might be able to overcome that by mining the foreign soil but that doesn't look really solid either.

What about Coach Schaben? What does she do??

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
There are teams from all over the country at that tournament and at Boo Williams in VA. I would not take his presence there as a signal that he is broadening his recruiting base to the East and SE.

Not sure if the timing was right, but maybe a chance to see All Iowa Attack - Shaya Kellogg and Jadda Buckley.

Kellogg GBB

The team played well, and Shaya played strong - moving easily. The team beat the North Tartan, 54-49, bringing a Boo Williams Championship title back to Iowa.