WBB: Updated Creme bracketology

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I sure wouldn't. UCLA is by far the best of Creme's #3 seeds. Wouldn't want them in the second round. Nikki Caldwell is building a tremendous program there. Tons of talent.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
I sure wouldn't. UCLA is by far the best of Creme's #3 seeds. Wouldn't want them in the second round. Nikki Caldwell is building a tremendous program there. Tons of talent.

While I'll agree that UCLA is on its way up, the only win UCLA has that impresses me is their overtime win against Notre Dame. The Pac 10 is horrible this year. Even Creme is predicting only 3 teams out the Pac 10. Plus they lost to LSU, which isn't a stellar team this year. Really hard to judge their resume.

NYCy

Feb 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
While I'll agree that UCLA is on its way up, the only win UCLA has that impresses me is their overtime win against Notre Dame. The Pac 10 is horrible this year. Even Creme is predicting only 3 teams out the Pac 10. Plus they lost to LSU, which isn't a stellar team this year. Really hard to judge their resume.

Agreed, hard to tell by their schedule... UCLA "only" lost 67-53 to Stanford....

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

If the tournament started today and we assumed Creme's Moved-up/Moved-down is accurate, it's not a bad draw -- ISU's the only green arrow in that region — but playing an 11 in basically a home game, I don't like.

Thing is, I'd rather switch places w/ OU in this scenario — same seed, and possibly tougher 3 seed (MSU) — but game would be in Wichita.

I'll take a 6 seed at this point and won't be picky. But if the seedings held, Notre Dame would be the last of those four I'd want to play in potential second round game.

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
This would be great if we didnt have to play in the backyard of both teams Conzaga and UCLA. We would grind it out against Conzaga I believe but 2 in a row is tough. BUT to be in the bracket without having to potentially face either Tennessee, UCONN, or Stanford I am all for it! BIll gets his teams ready to play at the most important times and I have never trusted a coach as much as him, if this bracket holds I dont see why we cant make it to the elite 8 and actually have a great shot at the final 4!

Ok I take it back I do not want to play Conzaga. Lost to Stanford by 6, USC by 6, Miss by 1, Notre Dame by 9. Those are their 4 losses didnt know they were that good!

Last edited:

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Gonzaga really isnt that good, I'm good with this. I think we can make it back to the sweet 16 here.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Agreed. I'm just saying I could see us making Elite 8 fairly easily last week.

But we are still in the Miami division. We may play them in the Sweet 16 if we get there. I'm actually really liking where we are at- I hope it falls this exact way.

If we can make it to the Elite 8, Baylor is the #1 for that bracket and I would much rather play Baylor than any of the other #1 seeds. We know Baylor and on a neutral court all bets are off. Also, Baylor hasn't been playing as well in conference as of late.

I really don't expect the ladies to get to the Final Four, but you really can't ask for a better match up than this.

edit- I did however just realize that we would play Baylor in Dallas, not the best location.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron