*** WBB vs. #24 Oklahoma (6 p.m.) ***

jspeels

May 14, 2022
Diew, Ryan, natabou and Belanger all gone. We are in bad shape for next year
You are clueless! Nelly is a junior, Ryan and Diew could use their 5th year, Belanger the only one gone and our freshman are gonna be just fine! Don’t watch if you think they will be the that bad!! Nice to see such an awesome fan. Lol!

Reactions: NWICY

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Is Oklahoma just a horrible matchup? Listened on radio and sounded brutal. Glad only play once.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Definitely, but hardly irreplaceable from a production standpoint.

I don’t mean that as disrespect to those ladies either, they are awesome Cyclones.
Hmmm.. I think most people would disagree with you on Ryan as a point guard. And in my opinion, Belanger is a good player that has a lot of levelheadedness about her. Others can do what she does, but I really liked her when she got the ball.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
They don't do that. The turnover is usually live, moving toward the other basket, directly bouncing into the hands of the opponent. We rarely get lucky enough to set up our defense.
We try to drive against a set defense. It doesn't work at this level. You have to drive on ball reversals, skip passes, and kickouts when the defense is closing out. The men's team struggles with this concept as well.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Is Oklahoma just a horrible matchup? Listened on radio and sounded brutal. Glad only play once.
More skilled at all positions and athletic down low. #12 is a really good player. They play a fun brand of ball.

Marriedin76

Feb 24, 2022
Wisconsin
They have definitely hit the wall. But I have to ask why are Bristow and Joens not playing more if we are so worn down. They were getting after the ball and had effort.
i think the starring five at the second half were the energy group Fen maybe sending a message to some of the "stars." We're on the verge of kissing the NCAA goodbye.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
#0 is kind of dirty. The more you watch, the more you notice how much she gets away with.
I was in the first row behind the basket tonight and witnessed this first hand. Refs let A LOT of contact go in the post I thought. Audi was getting shoved and hacked all night. The OU post players just had their way on defense because the refs where too chicken to call it tighter. OU was the better team on the floor but I thought the officiating was very inconsistent.

Addy looked exhausted tonight. There were times she just looked like she had nothing in the tank running down the floor. Just seemed like OU never let us get into any kind of rhythm on offense. Not a lot of wide open looks and they pushed us around in the paint.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I was in the first row behind the basket tonight and witnessed this first hand. Refs let A LOT of contact go in the post I thought. Audi was getting shoved and hacked all night. The OU post players just had their way on defense because the refs where too chicken to call it tighter. OU was the better team on the floor but I thought the officiating was very inconsistent.

Addy looked exhausted tonight. There were times she just looked like she had nothing in the tank running down the floor. Just seemed like OU never let us get into any kind of rhythm on offense. Not a lot of wide open looks and they pushed us around in the paint.
Makes you wonder how this is the case after an off week. Coach Fen even has said he is limiting scrimmages to keep their legs fresh (he's commented often on the Freshmen not being used to this long of a season). As for the officials...they seemed lost much of the night. Literally.

Reactions: riceville98

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well this one was a disappointment. Rebounding was atrocious, defense was matador style. It was either #12 or 15 we never closed on her all night and she made us pay. Offense was OK, but nothing spectacular. Well time to regroup and get ready for Ksu to come to town.

Overall a disappointing game on the 50th anniversary of Cyclone wbb.
Sidebar Hallie Christofferson still was a great smile.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
OU was really good around the basic. They had a very effective double team on Audi. And OU made very nice moves to the basket after getting interior passes. Quickness, more than size seemed to be the key for them underneath.