Idea: We could get a music forum?

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I'm newish, so this idea could have been attempted/discussed and not worked out. Either way, we could talk about new albums or songs. With the genre of music as the prefix. I dont know, just something to think about.

Cy94

Nov 11, 2011
Might be a good replacement for the gaming forum that is leaving the front page. As long as will not be a partial.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
This has been proposed before. For whatever reason, the powers that be are opposed. No idea why.

I don't think anyone's opposed to it - I think it's more of a case that the niche forums that have been added over the years get used a lot at first, then become wasted space on the forum menu when people stop using them. I may be wrong, though.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think a music forum would make the Hockey forum look busy after a couple months.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I think a music forum would make the Hockey forum look busy after a couple months.

I think Hockey may have been one of the ones Chris mentioned dumping. It was one of those failed experiments.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I'd love a music forum. Sometimes I look at my library and think damn, I'm old. I wish I knew some young people who could suggest new stuff for me to check out!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Chris is on vacation this week, but if someone could bump this next, say, Monday, I can bring it up then when he's back? I'm not sure who all is involved in decisions like this.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
A general multimedia forum might be a more practical idea. That way anything involving music, movies, TV, or any pop-culture-medium can be found in one location.

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I didn't know it had been proposed before. I just bought a new album and felt like sharing it, but I didn't really like the idea of putting it in the off-topic forum where it could get quickly swallowed up by Miami zombies or Friday confession threads.

Bamacyclone

Jan 7, 2012
SE
I didn't know it had been proposed before. I just bought a new album and felt like sharing it, but I didn't really like the idea of putting it in the off-topic forum where it could get quickly swallowed up by Miami zombies or Friday confession threads.

You say album. To those of my generation you are referring to the old vinyl record music medium. Are you by chance a vinyl collector as well?

Getting to be an expensive hobby for me finding my old favorites in decent condition.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I'm newish, so this idea could have been attempted/discussed and not worked out. Either way, we could talk about new albums or songs. With the genre of music as the prefix. I dont know, just something to think about.

Funny, you dont look Newish.

Reactions: CtownCyclone