alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I enjoyed the pizza, but id love something with a bit thicker crust

BCWAngus

Aug 27, 2022
Curios, will the Fareway stores in Ames have these avaliable soon. I looked the other day and they didn't have any at either location. maybe I just missed them. Thanks.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Cyclone pizza names:

Purdy Pepperoni
Hamann/Bacon Breakfast Pizza
The Pollard (Plain Wisconsin cheese)
The Haliburton (loaded, comes with everything on it)
Sam Mack (bacon cheeseburger)
Stevie Johnson (1/2 pepperoni, 1/2 sausage)
Monte Morris (Detroit style)
Rocco's Taco
Appreciate the depth of the Sam Mack pull

• Haha
Reactions: bozclone and Die4Cy

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I can't confirm, maybe CyPunch can...is all $8 of each pizza going to WeWill?
All profits. I have no idea what a pizza like that costs to get to the store, but similar pizzas cost about half as much so you'd think it would be a good chunk of the $8.

Reactions: CyPunch and Erik4Cy

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Trying to get these in more stores. Up to the store managers to carry. Reach out to me if you know a store that has interest. In first 10 days at just the Ankeny Fareway, we’ve made over $2,000 for We Will.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
If I am going to get these, I will have to go myself.

My wife said no way she is paying that much for a frozen pizza, and she does 99% of grocery shopping. They might be good but they still are frozen pizzas. Being about double the price of most others is kind of an issue.

These things work best when they have competitive prices to their competition. Meaning regular purchasers with grab them, therefore more sales. When the price is double the competition, only people purposely wanting to buy them for the cause will buy them. And then after a few novelty purchases because of the cause people will just go back to buying their usual at regular cost.

In this day and age of ever increasing prices, regular shoppers are not going to buy these, just to spend double the price.

If they were $6, maybe, $5 absolutely but $8 or $9, they will not be a regular purchase, which gets even more difficult because they are only at 1 store.

Hopefully they get in more stores so I can grab one occasionally, but unfortunately at that price all they will be is an occasional purchase, instead of a regular every week purchase, which in our family we go through multiple frozen pizzas a week.

Love the idea though.

• Sad
  • Useful
Reactions: JCity and Cydkar

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019

My wife said no way she is paying that much for a frozen pizza, and she does 99% of grocery shopping. They might be good but they still are frozen pizzas. Being about double the price of most others is kind of an issue.

These things work best when they have competitive prices to their competition. Meaning regular purchasers with grab them, therefore more sales. When the price is double the competition, only people purposely wanting to buy them for the cause will buy them. And then after a few novelty purchases because of the cause people will just go back to buying their usual at regular cost.

In this day and age of ever increasing prices, regular shoppers are not going to buy these, just to spend double the price.

If they were $6, maybe, $5 absolutely but $8 or $9, they will not be a regular purchase, which gets even more difficult because they are only at 1 store.

Hopefully they get in more stores so I can grab one occasionally, but unfortunately at that price all they will be is an occasional purchase, instead of a regular every week purchase, which in our family we go through multiple frozen pizzas a week.

Love the idea though.
The eight dollars isn’t just for frozen pizza. It’s also a donation.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
The eight dollars isn’t just for frozen pizza. It’s also a donation.
Correct. And I would argue they are better than Jack's and pretty fairly priced at $7 or $8. It does cost money for the company we work with to make and ship and the stores price in their cut as well. We are getting around $2 per pizza to We Will. This is a local company that can't rely on the scale of one of the pizza conglomerates.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Trying to get these in more stores. Up to the store managers to carry. Reach out to me if you know a store that has interest. In first 10 days at just the Ankeny Fareway, we’ve made over $2,000 for We Will.
Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but will these be available online at some point?

Reactions: brentblum

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

Love the idea though.
Jacks are $6 by me in Chicago. Most other pizzas are $10. If they had it in my store I would get it all the time because $2 doesn't mean **** to me

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
$8 for breakfast pizza (with $2 going to We Will) would the same price I can get others at Fareway. Why wouldn't you just get We Will?

View attachment 122096

That brew pub piza is going to be a more substantial pizza (looking at my pepperoni we will pizza that's about 17 oz, vs the brew pub pizza that's 24 oz)

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
I made a comment to my wife a couple days ago about NIL, and had shown a picture of 5-6 UNC Football players in a magazine ad for a local Trane dealership

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017

Love the idea though.
They are priced very competitively in their market share. Very similar price to Pasquale's, Brew Pub, Screamin' Sicilian, et al. Cheap frozen pizza like Jack's, Tombstone, and Totino's are a somewhat different product. It's kind of like the argument that nobody will buy a craft beer in stores because they could just get a case of Busch Light for half the price. But nobody is really cross shopping between the two.