Wear Yellow Tomorrow

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
If you're out at the football game tomorrow supporting the cyclones, wear yellow. Not only is it a better choice, because Tech's colors include red, but it's livestrong day.

A LIVESTRONG Day Event | LIVESTRONG Day 2010 | LIVESTRONG.org

I know some people don't support lance because of possible PED use during his tour days, but personally I feel that the livestrong organization is one of the best charities out there. My wife has gone through a cancer diagnosis, and I can tell you from personal (although second-hand) experience, it is very difficult to pick up the pieces of your life after being told "you have cancer". The message of living strong hits home personally, not only for people who have had a cancer diagnosis, but for healthy people as well.

Wear yellow to support the cyclones, and the concept of living strong!

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Good point, but whatever dude. Wear gold, dandelion, canary, goldenrod, lemon, sunglow, unmellow yellow, or whatever shade of gold/yellow you've got. Makes no difference to me.

It's a good choice for game-day, and supports a cause as well.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
I'm glad no other team in our conference has cardinal and gold as their colors or somebody on our fanbase would want us to wear orange or neon green so we don't confuse our HOME TOWN FANS with whatever fans may travel for the game. Geez its our home stadium. If we wear red as our primary color, keep wearing red at home. OK the Livestrong thing is a good idea. But it drives me nuts for other games.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
I'm still going to wear the cardinal colored shirt that i was planning on wearing. Besides, even if i wore a yellow shirt to support Lance Armstrong and his little bracelets, people would just assume i was supporting Iowa State.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
My friends and I did the gold thing when we went down to Lubbock a few years back... had quite the effect (Walked into a grocery store and everyone stopped what they were doing to look at the 7 guys in all yellow walk in... it was pretty great)

That said... like with Kansas (and despite the name "Red Raiders") red is actually a secondary color for Texas Tech and they primarily wore black at home

Crowd was a mix... (Unlike Kansas, the crowd wears a little more red)

Though if I was in town I'd be considering yellow myself...