WebCast for ISU-Creighton

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
She should be - it's like Henson's our only weapon. Don't get why Straube, with her size, can't terminate points more.
We need a new setter to get the people in the middle something to work with (both Stadick and Straube).
Henson's body language says it all - she's worn out, but they just keep going to her.
She's a senior playing in the NCAA tournament. Suck it up. She either sucks it up, or their season is over. Well, their season is over.
We are just hitting tennatively now. Bad sets. They are just getting a drill on their stuff. Can't let it in your head. Runge is back.
Setting has been marginal at best all year. Last year our setting was absolutely phenomenal and we got away with bad passes. This year we didn't.

Comes down to this team not having killer instinct. All year: Have chances to put sets away, waste them.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Don't know much about VB but I wasn't impressed. Looked to me like they didn't care.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Barf...now we get to get killed in wrestling next.

Bad night.

Hey, easy on that. I think we have a decent shot in the dual. Have faith. The team that went there in '04 didn't think they were going to win either.

I would say good year, but, no. It was just a year, too bad, too. Great seniors. They'll need to work on some things.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
We need a new setter to get the people in the middle something to work with (both Stadick and Straube).

She's a senior playing in the NCAA tournament. Suck it up. She either sucks it up, or their season is over. Well, their season is over.

Setting has been marginal at best all year. Last year our setting was absolutely phenomenal and we got away with bad passes. This year we didn't.

Comes down to this team not having killer instinct. All year: Have chances to put sets away, waste them.

I agree with all you've said, but this is Creighton. They were on the bubble to even get in the tournament. Not a player on that team who would ever get a schollie to a program like ISU's.
This is a lot worse than losing to a Mizzou or OU. It shouldn't matter who our setter is against Creighton.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I agree with all you've said, but this is Creighton. They were on the bubble to even get in the tournament. Not a player on that team who would ever get a schollie to a program like ISU's.
This is a lot worse than losing to a Mizzou or OU. It shouldn't matter who our setter is against Creighton.

Any team can beat Iowa State when you only have to defend the outsides because the setter doesn't set well in the middle. At all. One team played with heart tonight, one looked like they thought they'd win because they were Iowa State. We had some AWFUL losses this season, this qualifies.

What'd Victoria end the 5th set with...5 errors and 2 kills? You simply can't have that from your senior "leader."

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
"We" knew we would go as far as Alison's setting would take us; you just don't replace an All-American setter (Manns) with someone who had practically zero experience (Landwehr saw action in something like 5 matches last year). CJL said so when I talked to her in the spring.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
"We" knew we would go as far as Alison's setting would take us; you just don't replace an All-American setter (Manns) with someone who had practically zero experience (Landwehr saw action in something like 5 matches last year). CJL said so when I talked to her in the spring.

So why did things regress so much as the year went on? We started out very well, Landwehr played great against teams much, much better than Creighton (like UNI, for instance). The coaching staff was very pleased with things after the Runza Classic. Allison didn't seem fazed at all against Florida or Kentucky. CJL specifically mentioned her great progress, and CJL is nationally known as a premier coach of setters.
I don't get it.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
So why did things regress so much as the year went on? We started out very well, Landwehr played great against teams much, much better than Creighton (like UNI, for instance). The coaching staff was very pleased with things after the Runza Classic. Allison didn't seem fazed at all against Florida or Kentucky. CJL specifically mentioned her great progress, and CJL is nationally known as a premier coach of setters.
I don't get it.

Asa was said earlier she had not played much, so the scouting reports early on for her weren't to thick. As the season went on, I would suspect teams figured out her tendencies a bit.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Asa was said earlier she had not played much, so the scouting reports early on for her weren't to thick. As the season went on, I would suspect teams figured out her tendencies a bit.

The loss hurts a lot. This team could have been better, but, they weren't. Their setter found our corners quite a few times. I was surprised by that. They didn't give up on trying. They had most of their team committed to the net, and their libero hit everything. We didn't find corners. Better coaching?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron