Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
Imo this website has gone way downhill since the update. Viewing this site on a phone is beyond painful, not to even mention posting on it. It freezes very often also both in phone and on the computer. And its not just my computer. I understand you his have to make money, but the ads are almost ridiculous. Both in content and quantity. just voicing my opinion, don't know of its really been said before. The mobile app being gone is a big blow.

D

DistrictCyclone

Imo this website has gone way downhill since the update. Viewing this site on a phone is beyond painful, not to even mention posting on it. It freezes very often also both in phone and on the computer. And its not just my computer. I understand you his have to make money, but the ads are almost ridiculous. Both in content and quantity. just voicing my opinion, don't know of its really been said before. The mobile app being gone is a big blow.

What other sites do you have problems with? How powerful of a processor and how much memory are you working with? What browser are you using?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Mobile applications are notorious for being money pits. I'm shocked there was one to begin with.

And people who post crap like this in our office annoy the hell out of me. This is what you're going to be working with whether you like it or not. Instead of just saying "This sucks!" make suggestions which would make your experience better. I'm going to strangle our secretary one of these days over that. Maybe your suggestions can be implemented, maybe they can't, but making suggestions is a lot better than just coming across as a straight *** hole.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I'll throw in my usual request for Tapatalk support here for mobile viewers.

But to the OP, my work computer is forced to use IE8. I rarely have freezing problems or anything like that. My home computer just turned 5 years old, and I don't have any issues freezing (although I use Chrome with ****** and ad blockers).

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
I'm not a programmer and its not my job to design a nice website. I'm basically a customer. And I'm not satisfied with what I'm getting, despite it being free.. If the quality doesn't go up, I won't return. I'm not the only one that complains about this stuff either.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
Once again, no specs/screenshots/details on the issues. How can you expect help/assistance/change without providing insight.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
I'm not a programmer and its not my job to design a nice website. I'm basically a customer. And I'm not satisfied with what I'm getting, despite it being free.. If the quality doesn't go up, I won't return. I'm not the only one that complains about this stuff either.

We'll miss you.

Like other people said, make some suggestions. Exactly what does "quality go up" mean?

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

:skeptical:

On your phone when you pull up the site, do you scroll to the bottom and click on "full site"? It will make it look just like it does here.

Also, I've never had it freeze on me. Not on my phone or computer. I'd check your computer. Seems like an issue on your end and not CF

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
The freezing has gotten better. But it freezes for five or ten second loading every time I click on something. Screen locks and I get that spinny blue thing. I use ie8 at work. And chrome at home. Both computers do the freezing thing.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
:skeptical:

On your phone when you pull up the site, do you scroll to the bottom and click on "full site"? It will make it look just like it does here.

Also, I've never had it freeze on me. Not on my phone or computer. I'd check your computer. Seems like an issue on your end and not CF

Agreed. Zero issues here on any device I have owned.

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
Once again, no specs/screenshots/details on the issues. How can you expect help/assistance/change without providing insight.
Once again I'm not a programmer and its not my job to do that. My suggestion, bring the mobile app back. but that won't happen so carry on I guess

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'm beginning to wonder if Cychotiic is one of the secretaries in our office. "It just sucks! I don't like it! I want the old software back!"

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
I'm beginning to wonder if Cychotiic is one of the secretaries in our office. "It just sucks! I don't like it! I want the old software back!"
Nah, I'm just a student. I'm beginning to wonder if half the people on here are even isu fans our just nerds in their parents basement trying to make friends online.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Once again I'm not a programmer and its not my job to do that. My suggestion, bring the mobile app back. but that won't happen so carry on I guess
Actually, as the end user, it is your job to provide constructive feedback. Your suggestion will be seen and may or may not be acted upon.

I have clients bring me a lot of suggestions of things they'd like to see our office do. Some suggestions we implement and others we can't due to either software, employee, or cost prohibition.

D

DistrictCyclone

Knowing things like your processor speed and how much memory you have has nothing to do with programming; I assume you'd be interested in these things as a consumer/user of the machine. This is similar to owning a vehicle, calling up Car Talk when you're having problems, and not telling them whether it's an automatic or manual transmission.