***Week 13 CFB Games Thread (11/25- 11/27)***

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
OU and UT were 1-5 against the Big 3 and one completed pass away from 0-6.
sec. sec. sec.

Kimber45

Dec 20, 2020
Agreed there. And I absolutely want Clemson because it would be another measuring stick game. If we pulled out the win that would arguably be our best bowl win from an opponent standpoint. I know the Fiesta Bowl is a bigger bowl (no duh) but beating Clemson during their prime years under Dabo would be a nice consolation this year.
Hell yes you want Clemson.

Nobody will care if you beat Houston. People will notice if you either beat Clemson or take the field and make a game of it for a loss.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
ESPN loves themselves some Notre Dame despite them being a NBC property.

Cheez it Bowl most likely if we get a CFP team

ESPN hates Notre Dame because they can't televise their home games. If they love anything about Notre Dame, it's knocking Notre Dame down and/or televising them losing on the road(because they televise most of their road games). They want them to join the Big 10 or ACC so bad it gives them Notre Dame derangement syndrome. If Notre Dame ever does join a conference and ESPN can get their home games, look out. Notre Dame will be ESPN's Duke of college football. It would be 10x worse than Duke basketball.

The fact that Notre Dame hates the Big 10 and pisses ESPN off makes me actually cheer for them. If they go to a 12 team playoff, Notre Dame will NEVER join a conference.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
ESPN hates Notre Dame because they can't televise their home games. If they love anything about Notre Dame, it's knocking Notre Dame down and/or televising them losing on the road(because they televise most of their road games). They want them to join the Big 10 or ACC so bad it gives them Notre Dame derangement syndrome. If Notre Dame ever does join a conference and ESPN can get their home games, look out. Notre Dame will be ESPN's Duke of college football. It would be 10x worse than Duke basketball.

The fact that Notre Dame hates the Big 10 and pisses ESPN off makes me actually cheer for them. If they go to a 12 team playoff, Notre Dame will NEVER join a conference.
False on most accounts because guess who televises the CFP? ESPN. They get Notre Dame when it matters most…the playoffs. That fanbase is huge and valuable beyond belief, so yeah if ESPN can get them in the CFP after losing Ohio State or Bama they will be all about that. ESPN is about blue bloods and that’s about it.

• Winner
Reactions: BigCyFan and Acylum

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
False on most accounts because guess who televises the CFP? ESPN. They get Notre Dame when it matters most…the playoffs. That fanbase is huge and valuable beyond belief, so yeah if ESPN can get them in the CFP after losing Ohio State or Bama they will be all about that. ESPN is about blue bloods and that’s about it.

Nope. They will put a 2 loss Ohio St and a 2 loss Bama in over a 1 loss Notre Dame. They will also put a 1 loss Okie St in over Notre Dame.

They want the Irish to kneel before them and join a conference.

Kimber45

Dec 20, 2020
For anyone still awake Pac 12 after dark is in full effect right now.

The University of Spoiled Children is making a game against your incoming brethren of the Special Underpants Tribe.

• Haha
Reactions: BigCyFan

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Nope. They will put a 2 loss Ohio St and a 2 loss Bama in over a 1 loss Notre Dame. They will also put a 1 loss Okie St in over Notre Dame.

I can’t tell if you are serious or not. If not good troll because you got me to bite hard.

Notre Dame has made 2 of the last 3 CFPs, so your theory pretty much evaporates right there.

• Agree

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

Don't worry, Barta will get it right. He always does. Ohio State, Michigan and potentially the Hoks will be selected....

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Agreed there. And I absolutely want Clemson because it would be another measuring stick game. If we pulled out the win that would arguably be our best bowl win from an opponent standpoint. I know the Fiesta Bowl is a bigger bowl (no duh) but beating Clemson during their prime years under Dabo would be a nice consolation this year.

Weve absolutely been on par with Clemson the last few years, we just don’t get to play an ACC schedule.

• Disagree

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Weve absolutely been on par with Clemson the last few years, we just don’t get to play an ACC schedule.
Wait did you just say that with a straight face?

1638125292610.png

That's their overall and conference records before this year. That includes two national championships and two other national runner up finishes.

• Agree

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

View attachment 92490

That's their overall and conference records before this year. That includes two national championships and two other national runner up finishes.

Like I said, that’s with an ACC schedule. If Campbell got to play an ACC or B10 schedule, the results would be even better.

• Haha
Reactions: xboxfever

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Like I said, that’s with an ACC schedule. If Campbell got to play an ACC or B10 schedule, the results would be even better.
Oh boy. Well we managed lose to WVU and Texas Tech this year and last year got owned by a good but still Sun Belt team on our home turf. Can't ever seem to even look competent against (let alone beat) Iowa who is an average to good Big Ten team most years.

So yeah I am sure we would just run roughshod through the ACC and Big Ten. Clemson would have obliterated us every year under Campbell until maybe this year when they are finally down. Just remember that Camping World Bowl against Notre Dame, it would have been that kind of mismatch.

And we may just find out in the Cheez It Bowl in a few weeks.

• Agree

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I agree our record would be better but we are absolutely not on par with Clemson.

Id love to hear what ACC team over the last two years you think is better than us. There’s a reason the majority of experts picked us to be a playoff team this year.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Oh boy. Well we managed lose to WVU and Texas Tech this year and last year got owned by a good but still Sun Belt team on our home turf. Can't ever seem to even look competent against (let alone beat) Iowa who is an average to good Big Ten team most years.

So yeah I am sure we would just run roughshod through the ACC and Big Ten. Clemson would have obliterated us every year under Campbell until maybe this year when they are finally down. Just remember that Camping World Bowl against Notre Dame, it would have been that kind of mismatch.

And we may just find out in the Cheez It Bowl in a few weeks.

You lost me at calling Iowa a good team.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

View attachment 92490

Man, some of our fans are delusional aren't they? One 9-3 season in an admittedly fluky covid season and some think we are all of a sudden in the upper echelon of college football.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and jctisu

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Id love to hear what ACC team over the last two years you think is better than us. There’s a reason the majority of experts picked us to be a playoff team this year.
I think we would be a top team in the ACC but still below Clemson.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
So what the hell does that make us? They have owned us for 6 straight years.

They have not owned us. We would have easily beaten them last year but they avoided us. The last two games we were clearly the better team but they pulled out fluke wins.

I don’t think you can find anyone in the national media who actually thinks Iowa is better than us.

• Disagree
Reactions: jctisu