Weiben just went out with a knee injury :(

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
It sure did not look good she was in a lot of pain, lets hope it is not the dreaded ACL injury.

Last edited:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Re: Weiben just when out with a knee injury :(

We do not need that. Pulling for you Nicky!

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

That is not gonna be good

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI

If there is anyone who is driven enough to play through this it would be Nicky but I sincerely hope that she doesn't have to prove it. I don't want her hurt for life.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA

If she is gone then the season is pretty much over for any post season play. They can't afford to lose 2 big players like that when they only have 8 in the rotation. Bad news.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX

That's terrible. That's the last thing that this ISU needed. With Ross already out and now possibly Wieben, this team went from something special to now most likely an average Big 12 team (which still isn't bad).

I hope you're alright, Nicky!

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Wow...that's sad to hear. I guess it could just be a mild sprain, but having been through a BB knee injury myself, I'm kind of pessimistic about the prognosis for knee injuries.

For my Lakers, Bynum went out with a knee injury for 8 weeks just when they were starting to kick it into gear. Tough week for knees on my teams...

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
And this happened on a night that she surpassed Angie Welle as the all time ISU shot blocker.

ISUCyclones

Nov 10, 2007
Ames
What is the tanning booth going to do (because the gym wont notice)? Just saying... Hope she is alright!

KerinKO

Apr 11, 2006
Ames
Nicky Wieben

Has anyone heard how bad her knee injury is? It wasn't mentioned in the paper or on Cyclones.com. We can't afford to lose her!!

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Re: Nicky Wieben

It will stink to lose her and I haven't heard an update.

Really wish the girls could have pulled the upset against either Ok or Tex. Had a chance to win both and got neither.

jperickson23

Apr 10, 2006
Des Moines

The guys filling in for Larry Cotler this morning seemed to think it was pretty bad and even season ending. They were talking about how it's too late in the year for a medical redshirt like Ross got.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL

I was there last night. She took a bad spill and they had to help her off the court. Her mom and dad were at the game and left to go to the locker room with her. I didn't see them again until only about one minute left, when they were gathering their things and leaving even though the game was very tight. They must have taken her to the hospital (there is one right next to the Erwin Center). However, I have not heard anything more.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

We probably won't find out for a few days. They had to get back to town and then have her evaluated by a Doc. Usually you need to let the swelling subside some before the docs can do a proper evaluation, so it may be 2 or 3 days.

I agree with you, we can't afford to lose Nicky.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I really hope this situation will encourage ISU to bump up the number of PF/post players on the roster. For the last few years, ISU has been rather light in that area.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I really hope this situation will encourage ISU to bump up the number of PF/post players on the roster. For the last few years, ISU has been rather light in that area.

Sound's the like Men's team as well. Apparently difficult for any ISU BBall team (men's or women's) to recruit quality post players.

akaclone

Feb 15, 2007
First of all we would like to thank all you guys for the wonderful support and prayers you are giving Nicky. This afternoon will determine her diagnosis and I'm sure the school will post info as it becomes available. I also want to thank the Boosters from Colorado and Austin for coming to the games. It means a lot to Nicky and the rest of the team and plus it's fun seeing ya all there and getting to visit! The University of Texas and Iowa State University staff are absolutely incredible for their immediate medical attention they gave our daughter. Keep your fingers crossed cuz the last time we talked to Nick about 3 hours ago she said she felt pretty good and not to bother coming to Ames for the doctor appointment cuz she will call after practice!!! I love that attitude. Keep her in your prayers and Go Cyclones!

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
That is encouraging news. Hoping for even greater news that everything is going to be ok and she'll be right back playing again. Thanks for the update.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
First of all we would like to thank all you guys for the wonderful support and prayers you are giving Nicky. This afternoon will determine her diagnosis and I'm sure the school will post info as it becomes available. I also want to thank the Boosters from Colorado and Austin for coming to the games. It means a lot to Nicky and the rest of the team and plus it's fun seeing ya all there and getting to visit! The University of Texas and Iowa State University staff are absolutely incredible for their immediate medical attention they gave our daughter. Keep your fingers crossed cuz the last time we talked to Nick about 3 hours ago she said she felt pretty good and not to bother coming to Ames for the doctor appointment cuz she will call after practice!!! I love that attitude. Keep her in your prayers and Go Cyclones!

I wish your daughter the best and thanks for taking the time to come here and convey that information.

Go Cyclones!